Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i took the new p95 to the range today, didnt clean it from the last visit so ill say the 2 mis feeds were due to that.

HOWEVER my question is this.....2 different times when the magazine was empty and the slide is supposed to be all the way back? it wasnt. it was closed as if there was another round left but there was no bullet left.

what would cause this? should i be alarmed?

thanks for your help.

·
Registered
673 Posts
1. How many rounds are through your new P95? Depending on round count, it may still need a few more rounds downrange to break in. Mine really settled in at the 400 - 500 round count. Everthing feels smoother.

2. What ammo were you shooting through it? Maybe you got a round or two with a weak charge? I handload. I know that my P95 likes just a little higher powder charge than my other 9mm's. If I shoot a 9mm tailored for my M&P9, the slide still cycles but not with enough power to lock the slide back.

3. Was it with both of the factory mags or just one? Disassemble the mags, clean them out, and check the follower for any burrs or witness marks. Maybe the follower is dragging towards the top of the mag, causing the follower not to engage the slide stop on empty?

·
Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,359 Posts
HOWEVER my question is this.....2 different times when the magazine was empty and the slide is supposed to be all the way back? it wasnt. it was closed as if there was another round left but there was no bullet left.

what would cause this? should i be alarmed?

thanks for your help.
Bryman ... I always look at the simple things first. Is it possible with your grip that your thumb was riding on the slide stop causing it not to catch the slide after the final round?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.