Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new P95 owner. Several years ago some MKII owners began having problems with their slide releases. The advice given was to release the slide by withdrawing it slightly and let it go home on its own. I am just wondering if there has been any problems with the slide release on the P95.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
New guns often are stiff...I was trained to insert the live mag, pull back the slide, and drop it...slamming home the round under full spring pressure as designed, seating the extractor, and then lowering the hammer by whatever method was proper...if not loading, remove the magazine-clear the weapon, and drop the slide by the same method...quicker, more sure feeding, and that's what you'll do in combat if that ever comes up...any semi-auto-that's what I do...whether the slide is back after the last round or forward...makes no difference...

·
Registered
191 Posts
On the P95 either method for dropping the slide is acceptable. If you use the slide stop, you have less of a chance of the slide closing slowly. Release by hand isn't as instantaneous as by slide stop. The .22 pistols are a completely different animal. They are designed to be released by hand rather than the Bolt Hold Open.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts