·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Good read.
Wish it was still in production.

·
Registered
336 Posts
This once again confirms my belief that the P97DC is one of the finest pistols Ruger ever made. Mine is a keeper, unlike my P345 which is now trading fodder for when I find another really nice (hopefully NIB)P97DC to give my son.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Have you a Gander mountain in your area? Here that they still have the 97 in inventory.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've gotten right attached to mine. Even sleep with it under my pillow at night and during those old guy afternoon naps!!:)

·
Registered
336 Posts
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

Have you a Gander mountain in your area? Here that they still have the 97 in inventory.
Unfortunately we don't have one around here. I do take it to gun shows though and I'm sure I'll make a deal sooner or later.

·
Banned
298 Posts
quote:Originally posted by btrumanj

I've gotten right attached to mine. Even sleep with it under my pillow at night and during those old guy afternoon naps!!:)
Mine travels with me no matter where I go. Even church!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
rp cavanaugh, You know I've never understood why many people seem to feel so safe in church, weddings and funerals. In this day and age bad things can happen anywhere.
Baker

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
We had a nut go into a church on See you at the Pole day a few years back in Ft. Worth and shoot up over 20, if I remember---noone armed but him...God protects His people, and He uses good, brave, armed, trained men to do it...we need to be that....no matter where we are...too many think it's evil to carry a gun...if you take that approach...don't buy life insurance, fire insurance, car insurance, and don't lock your doors...just don't advertise it and you'll probably be the only one to know...'ceptin' the Lord, of course.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm sure glad I got mine when I did!!
I've taken more of an interest in it of late.
Ever since I heard that suicide bombers were on their way, I've decided to go all .45acp!!
I was going to hoof my Springer Loaded, but decided that because of training, or lack thereof, that was impractical.
I decided on my ofttimes ignored P97!!
I've loaded her up with 230gr Hydroshok and I'm good to go!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Great way to meet fanatical attitudes!!!!!May not change their mind but it'll give them instant amnesia!!!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
denfoote
Good to see you here , welcome to the forum , be sure to stop by the "new Members" forum and
introduce yourself. I remember you on the S&W forum I think?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts