Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time I went looking for these, they were as plentiful as ugly on Rosie's face!!

Now, I can't find any!!:(

I found one locally about 45 miles away!! [xx(]

Letting my fingers stroll theough the yellow pages turned up a big fat ZERO!!

Where do I find these suckers??[?]

Also, just in case I have to go with them, how are the Promags???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pro-mags work great in my P97-even the 10-rounders. You can probably buy 2 Pro-mags for the price of one factory mag. Pro-mags also have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
OK, I'll be the bad guy...only mags I'll use are Ruger and Mec-Gar-have heard and had bad experiences with several others...think of why you carry and don't cut a critical corner...without a first class magazine...you may be left with a short club....OOF....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree that Ruger and Mec-gar mags are the best, but for RANGE/PRACTICE use, I have found the Promags in .45 cal to function perfectly. I would not use them for CCW purposes, because in that case, I would only want the BEST available. (Mec-Gar does not make any mags for the Ruger 45).

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You're right-only for the nines and MKII, according to their US contact #........

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have four factory mags for carry.
Depending on how well they work under my testing guidelines, which is 100 rounds with out a problem feeding or activating the slide lock, after initial cleaning out of the package, they will get used for carry.
No magazine is 100% reliable, but if they pass the test, I can have 99.99...% confidence!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts