Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took my newly purchased P97DC back out to the range for the second session and the pistol ran flawless once again. I get it home and give it a good cleaning and I notice that the Hammer Pivot Pin (part #V2302) isn't completely flush with the frame. It's not really sticking out and you wouldn't probably notice it unless you ran your finger across it, just a few thousandths or so. Well, I push it and with a little effort it 'snaps' back flush with the frame. Then I dry fire it a couple of times and it's pops out that ever so slight bit again. I once again push it and it snaps back again. I check it against my other P series pistols and the pin doesn't move at all on any them.

Any ideas from our staff of experts? Problem? No problem? Back to Ruger? Fix myself?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote:Originally posted by RNettles

Are you the original owner? How long have you had it? Have you removed the pin and looked at the retaining slot?
Rick,

Not only am I the original owner but I just bought it NIB from Gander Mountain last Sunday. I called Ruger this evening and explained the issue and they said "send it back" and they'll repair it and also pay shipping for it out and back. I have it boxed and ready to go in the morning.

I want to say that the service technician I spoke with was very pleasant and helpful. This is why I buy Rugers, you can actually speak to someone on the phone when you call them, they stand behind their products and they're made in the USA.

I'll post a report when I get it back.

Dave

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by cavediver

quote:Originally posted by RNettles

Are you the original owner? How long have you had it? Have you removed the pin and looked at the retaining slot?
Rick,

Not only am I the original owner but I just bought it NIB from Gander Mountain last Sunday. I called Ruger this evening and explained the issue and they said "send it back" and they'll repair it and also pay shipping for it out and back. I have it boxed and ready to go in the morning.

I want to say that the service technician I spoke with was very pleasant and helpful. This is why I buy Rugers, you can actually speak to someone on the phone when you call them, they stand behind their products and they're made in the USA.

I'll post a report when I get it back.

Dave
+1

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,357 Posts
The ejector plate has an extension that holds the hammer pivot pin in place. If you were dry firing without a magazine in place, the ejector plate will bounce and allow the pivot pin to walk out. If you had a magazine in the gun, then there is a problem with the ejector plate. Note: the magazine holds the ejector plate in position so it won't bounce when firing.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Hey Iowegan do you have any of those bore/cylinder alinment tools left that you want to sell? I just read about them on the other Ruger site. If you do I'll take one for sure... Baldy.. Just let me know here.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,357 Posts
Baldy, I'm fresh out of Range Rods right now. Unfortunately, I have all my shop equipment and supplies packed for an upcoming move to Nebraska. It will be at least a month before I'm back in operation. I will post something here, the S&W forum, and the other Ruger forum when I'm back in business.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts