Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that wants to sell me one that has had about 200 rounds through it, what is a fair price? Pops

·
Registered
336 Posts
If it was LNIB I would be happy with something around $300.00, anything less would be a great deal to me. Maybe I biased but I think the P97 is one of the finest 45 ACP's out there. Absolutely reliable, accurate, easy to carry and will outlive any of us.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If it's stainless DC or DAO....I'd give up to $375...gittin' scarcer...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
better get it before sheepdog does lol.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Calvin, didja leave it out in the rain? Or is all that etching from sweat????

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got it, shoot it, love it. It is a KP97D, came with case two mags, white sticker with red dot still on frame. Checked # Ruger web site made in 1999. Why did Ruger stop making this great pistol? Pops

·
Registered
336 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Pops 1

Got it, shoot it, love it. It is a KP97D, came with case two mags, white sticker with red dot still on frame. Checked # Ruger web site made in 1999. Why did Ruger stop making this great pistol? Pops
Glad to hear that! I knew once you handled and shot a P97 that you'd be a happy camper. For those of you that don't have one they're getting scarce. Ruger quit making it because they wanted a politically correct pistol with a magazine disconnect, lock and loaded chamber indicator and now they have it, the P345. To me, the P97 is a far better pistol. I own both but don't claim the P345 since it's going to be trading material on another P97 when I find a really nice one.

·
Registered
842 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Pops 1

I hated to see them discontinue them myself. Mine aint near as fancy as Calvin's but I love it just the same:)
Baker

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Baker, I really like the looks of yours. It's a very nice gun and I like the slip on grip. Sheepdog, "Better hurry up, they're going fast". :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts