Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a P97DC about 6 yrs old, fired moderatly, eveything works great.

Today I ordered a couple of small parts as maintenance.

The magazine latch and spring, and a recoil spring.

The mag latch looks alittle worn, so I decided to order the spare part and figured a new recoil spring would be nice to have on hand.

Are there any other "user installable" parts I should think of getting as maintenance? (parts that don't require the gun to be sent in).

Also, something I noticed for a few yrs now, might have been that way when new? When the slide is not cocked and ready the pistol feels real tight. When I rack the slide and the pistol is ready for firing, there seems to be a looser, rattle feel to the gun when movng in my hand. Like maybe the slide to frame fit is not so tight or some other part. But why only when the slide is pulled and ready for firing?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The gun will seem looser when the hammer is back because when the hammer is down it rests on the slide causing these to seem tighter.

The P97 is not a match gun, although mine is very accurate. Tight match guns are great for well....matches. But when you enter the real world and you get a little dirt in your action you'll be happy you have somewhat looser tolerances.

Some other spare parts worth having might be a magazine spring, perhaps maybe a trigger bar spring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I ordered my parts for my P97DC a few weeks ago and they arrived within 3-4 days!
I ordered a spare recoil spring and a magazine catch and spring.

I just put in the magazine catch and spring. The original was worn aliitle compared to the new one. I wasn't having any problems, but I figured i'd replace it since my S&W Sigma was having a magazine fallout problem.

Its amazing how little of the catch actually goes into the magazine tube. It looks like it barely will hold the magazine in, but I guess thats the proper design. It was very easy to change out the catch and spring. If anyone needs any help just reply to this thread and I can assist.

The recoil spring I left alone because I am not experiencing any problems with the original one, so I have a new spare if I need one.

Hats off to the "parts man" at Ruger Arizona for the fast service, and the parts and shipping were only $14.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts