Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This buck that I've seen all summer came walking by at 7:30 this morning and I couldn't resist. 9 point with exceptional double brow. Archery season is over for me now.

·
Super Moderator
21,420 Posts
Congrats. Interesting high rack. Great job and looks like a quick clean one. Enjoy the meat.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Very nice! Always thankful when things go just right when bowhunting. Looks like it would have made for tough tracking conditions of you had to follow him far!

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. He actually went 50 yrds. and piled up. Ran from open woods down into the goldenrod. It was so foggy I couldn't keep an eye on him. He was the 5th buck I seen and not the biggest, but had to have that brow. The big 8 I saw was all of 18 inches but just at the edge of 40 yds. and it was too foggy to see him good without binos. This deer was 15 yds. from the base of my tree.

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Well done ...nice buck enjoy those venny back steaks.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Congratulations - nice buck! Gonna be in the field next weekend with my son. Reports of an 8 point in the area - hope we have some success.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Very nice! I used to live in NE PA, did most of my deer hunting in the Columbia/Northumberland/Sullivan county areas.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Looks like it was worth the wait! congrats.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Congrats, That's a nice looking buck. We leave in the morning for our club. BP opens Monday the 1st. Modern gun opens on the 11th.

207 Posts
This deer was 15 yds. from the base of my tree.
Good shot my one shot this year (last week) go deflected by a branch. Gun season opens today, but I will justify myself in a few weeks after I fill the freezer I love my bow Mathews Riot 60 lbs pull 29" draw. When bow season is over I will be looking to get a Heli M if I can get it naked for less than $750.00.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts