Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Ruger Mark III 22/45 Lite that I've had for about 2 months now.

Every time I handle it, I seem to like it more. Only fired about 1,000 rounds through it so far, but I really do like it.

I've done the magazine dis-connector mod, put Mark I magazine followers in, and installed a Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot sight.

I can shoot what I consider (at least for me) very decent groups at 25 yards with it. I'm very happy with it. I've never been able to shoot sub 3" off hand groups at 25 yards with a pistol before this one. (that's only on a good day)

That brings me to my question. Have any of you more experienced shooters compared the Ruger Mark III 22/45 Lite's accuracy to a Pac-Lite barrel's accuracy?

I've very happy with what I have, but I still have to wonder...

Duane

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I've very happy with what I have, but I still have to wonder...

Duane
My personal opinion..... if you're happy with what you've got and it's working well, why would you want to change it?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I am very happy with what I have, and have no intention of changing it.

I guess I didn't say it right.

I'm more interested in hearing of a side by side comparison. My thoughts are that the Ruger Mark III 22/45 Lite was Ruger's attempt to catch up with Pac-Lite.

I'm just curious about how well they did. That's all.

Duane

·
Registered
2 Posts
from What I understand, the pac lite uppers are not significantly more accurate. If you have a 22/45 lite, then you already have the light weight of a steel sleeved aluminum upper, so all in all I wouldn't think there would be much gain with a pac lite upper.. unless you want a longer barrel.
A longer barrel with the small increase in barrel tolerances might net you some small bit of accuracy gain, but with the groups you mention that you shoot, you may not see much gain at all. :)

I can only compare my 6" pac lite upper to my 4.5" threaded steel OEM upper. I haven't shot either enough to gage accuracy, but so far my OEM top has been consistent like a clock.. and my pac lite upper has been causing many FTF.. one per mag at least.. I'm working it out maybe. We'll see.

I'd second what a member above said, if you like it and it works for you.. shoot it. spend money on a volquartsen accurizing kit.. that'll give you better results for accuracy :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
My 4 inch Pac-Lite upper shoots more accurate than original 22/45 5.5 inch barrel....by a pretty big margain.....Pac-Lite shoots groups half the size that the ruger upper did, maybe I just got lucky with the Pac-Lite or the Ruger barrel was sub par ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts