Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of my paddleboat (skeleton) 10/22 and my folding stock 10/22. The picture doesn't show it very well but the paddleboat receiver and barrel is SS. I'm thinking of switching the stocks so the folding stock has the SS on it. The folding stock has lots of brushed aluminum on it and would compliment the SS receiver and barrel. The paddleboat is all black except for the barrel band which I would also change. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Now, those are cool! The folding stock looks like the Choate Black Warrior. What is the sight on the folding stock rifle? I LIKE!

I was bitten by the 10-22 bug and I'd be ashamed to say how many I've owned! Come to think of it....I really don't know how many I've owned!

You call that stock a "Paddleboat?" I never knew that. I have one of those stocks that I removed from a build project. Is there a market for them used?

Flash

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I had a SS folding stock on a Mini-14 I traded away a little while back. It looked 'Tactical' as all get out, but I guess I am a traditionalist, folders aren't for me.

Your 10-22's look great. Still want one of the Red/white/Blue exotics??

·
Registered
757 Posts
Now, those are cool! The folding stock looks like the Choate Black Warrior. What is the sight on the folding stock rifle? I LIKE!

I was bitten by the 10-22 bug and I'd be ashamed to say how many I've owned! Come to think of it....I really don't know how many I've owned!

You call that stock a "Paddleboat?" I never knew that. I have one of those stocks that I removed from a build project. Is there a market for them used?

Flash
They're commomly refered to as boat paddle stocks. They usually bring pretty good money on auctions.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Flash
They are called paddleboat stocks or skeleton stocks and go for slightly more than $100. Thats selling price not asking price. The stock itself is very light weight.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Flash
The sight is an Aimpoint. This rifle is great for shootin' prairie dogs as you can get on target very fast with it. I wasn't going for the tacticool look but rather a practical rifle for the dogs. But now that I have it and have used it I think it would look better with a SS barrel and receiver.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I always called it a Boat Paddle.. I have one but converted it over in a Boyd thumb hole stock Had to but a mag well and triger guard assy but man is it accurate now.. 7/16" group at 50 yds was my last bench set of 5 rnds..Love that little sucker

wPm

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always called it a Boat Paddle.. I have one but converted it over in a Boyd thumb hole stock Had to but a mag well and triger guard assy but man is it accurate now.. 7/16" group at 50 yds was my last bench set of 5 rnds..Love that little sucker

wPm
I've seen it called both and even skeleton.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts