Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you paint your magazines so they could quickly be identified?

Just wondering...I have a growing stack of 20 round mini 14 and mini 30 magazines, obviously I keep them seperated, because they are nearly identical in appeareance...

Question is...do you think it is necessary to maybe mark or paint them so as to make it easier to identify which is which...I guess the same question would also apply to 77/44 and 44/357 magazines...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine are separated with the M30 mags in pouches ready to grab & go.

I wouldn't paint them unless you were doing a color scheme to match the stock or something.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies...I'm just looking to come up with a way to quickly identify magazines that look alike yet are not alike...I'd like to be able to keep them all in one location...and still be able to tell them apart at a glance...

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Thank you for the replies...I'm just looking to come up with a way to quickly identify magazines that look alike yet are not alike...I'd like to be able to keep them all in one location...and still be able to tell them apart at a glance...
If it were me, I would just get a fine point white or gray permanent paint marker (Walmart or craft stores have them) and put a small "14" on the Mini 14 mags and a "30" on the Mini 30. Just put it on the bottom plate in the same spot on each. Something subtle but noticeable.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Sharpie makes a metallic silver marker that's the cat's @$$ for marking magazines, and anything else that's dark-colored (and what isn't these days?). You can pick them up at Staples and other office supply stores.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yep...silver paint marker to identify one caliber and leave the others blank...worked well for me.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes you are correct they do mark them...same for the mini 14/30 magazines...they all are marked with the caliber...just not always the easiest thing to pick up at a glance.

Think I'll try the marker method and see how that works for me...thanks..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts