Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Would like to paint the front site on my new lcp 2 but im unsure of the best to do it. Also what color do you recommend for the sliver cerakote. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
21,241 Posts
My old eyes pick up bright orange well.

Reactions: Ruger6

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Second the bright orange. Testors model airplane dope works well, as does cheap nail polish from the dollar store or Wally World. There’s enough in one bottle to do all your Guns, and your neighbors, too. Cheap enough that you can experiment to your heart’s content.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,620 Posts
Bright orange for my old eyes. On our LC9s and EC9s I started with yellow and now have switched to orange. Going to put orange on our LCP's and see what I can see. Leaving the LCP black for now. Just went over 800+ rounds this week with the LCPII22LR and so far really happy. Good reliable trainers for us. Be safe Be healthy...Happy 4th.
PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 78 year old eyes needed some help when it came to focusing in the sight picture of the LCP II. So I bought sight paint on Amazon. The photos soda list for themselves.

You get three tubes of the paint. The white is a base coat that obviously gown on first. Then you apply the red or green or both as desired. The paints are fluorescent so they are quite visible in dim light. Believe me when I say that I have zero problem sighting now.

The set of 3 tubes cost $14.00 on Amazon. I think it was worth the price.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I used Glow-On on my LCP II sights. They much be charged for a few seconds with bright light..

I have charged them for 20 sec before I went to bed and they were still visible 6 hrs later, although not as bright but still usable.

·
Registered
581 Posts
White as a base coat for any other color. I use Testors florescent orange. Works very well for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 78 year old eyes needed some help when it came to focusing in the sight picture of the LCP II. So I bought sight paint on Amazon. The photos soda list for themselves.

You get three tubes of the paint. The white is a base coat that obviously gown on first. Then you apply the red or green or both as desired. The paints are fluorescent so they are quite visible in dim light. Believe me when I say that I have zero problem sighting now.

The set of 3 tubes cost $14.00 on Amazon. I think it was worth the price.

View attachment 144793 View attachment 144794 View attachment 144795
How well does it hold up compared to nail polish?. Thank you for the pictures I couldn't decide what colors to use all the guns I see are black but mine is sliver like yours looks great thank you

·
Registered
53 Posts
How well does it hold up compared to nail polish?. Thank you for the pictures I couldn't decide what colors to use all the guns I see are black but mine is sliver like yours looks great thank you
It has excellent adherence. I have used nail polish on another pistol. It did not hold up well. The sight paint is much better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. Would like to paint the front site on my new lcp 2 but im unsure of the best to do it. Also what color do you recommend for the sliver cerakote. Thank you View attachment 144773
I used Testers hobby enamel paints
Hello all. Would like to paint the front site on my new lcp 2 but im unsure of the best to do it. Also what color do you recommend for the sliver cerakote. Thank you View attachment 144773
[/QUOTE
I used Tester hobby enamel paint. The coats of white, two coats of bright orange, and one coat of clear nail polish. The base coat of white really makes the orange pop.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Did you cover it with anything? Like
clear nail polish
I used those pens. I did not cover it with clear polish. That are hard paints more durable than nail polish, which chips. The paints do not chip. The paints are thinner than nail polish, apply easily, and hold up well. They also last in the applicator so touch ups are easy.

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,752 Posts
Did you cover it with anything? Like
clear nail polish
No, just let it be. It has held up well. One gun is a fishing-vest gun carried in a pocket holster.

if shiny is okay, you could brush Future floor wax over the marker. It is a model-builder’s secret weapon, giving a hard acrylic finish with good gloss.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts