Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dang, ( a nice way to reflect on what I said to myself).

Again, I'm reminded why I like my J frames, but what happened was I put on my IWB holster and my Glock 19 today, did stuff at the house and head out to the store. As I left the vegi area and was trying to adjust my pants, pulling them up I could tell the clip on the holster let go of the belynand the entire rig was free and flopping about insude my shirt.
Dang.
Raised the shirt and shoved the rig in my front pocket of the cargo shorts. As I got home I looked and the clip needs rebent.

Ever happen to you? :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
I wear mine so the clip goes over the belt. Even so, I am thinking of converting mine to IWB (Inside the belt) by installing a leather belt loop to replace the clip.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Is that a Tagua holster by any chance? I bought one of those and the clip was horrible. 3/4 draws the holster came with the gun.

I avoid this by using belt snaps for my IWB and belt slide holsters for OWB.

Glad you didn't drop it

·
Registered
213 Posts
It has never happened to me, but clips can fail.
I have noticed that most of the holsters have a way too large opening for the clip. I pay attention to that when choosing a holster.
I agree with you on the J-frame or LCR revolvers.
I carry an LCR 357 Magnum in my pocket most of the time. I love them.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that a Tagua holster by any chance? I bought one of those and the clip was horrible. 3/4 draws the holster came with the gun.

I avoid this by using belt snaps for my IWB and belt slide holsters for OWB.

Glad you didn't drop it
It was a Stoner holster. Great leather but the clip is generic. Shoved a phillips driver under the hinge a hammer head inside of the holder as an anvil and tapper it with a different hammer. Looks fixed, but will still carry my J frame.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
No, but I'm still working up a carry rig for my G19. Still just pocket carry LCR357.

I was expecting worse from m the thread title. :eek:

Stay safe out there.

·
Registered
840 Posts
As a young patrolman The sector car would pick you up for your shift and take you home if you lived within the city. At the time we were issued S&W model 10 revolvers and carried them in Brauer Bro. leather also issued by the department.
The holster fit around the belt and was secured with two metal snaps.
One morning after an 11PM to 7AM shift I was dropped off at my house and while taking off my uniform I noticed was missing my gun and holster. I immediately called and told the dispatcher to send the car by house (no reason given). When he pulled up I opened the passenger door and there was the missing item between the seat and door.
I took that holster to my workbench and hammered the snaps so flat I was satisfied they would never open again

·
Administrator
22,143 Posts
For IWB I like the Crossbreed Supertuck. It has two clips that spread the weight out and I have not had issues with it. My preferred method is pocket carry in a pocket holster.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Even though you have bent the clip back into shape, it will be significantly weaker now (the crystal structure of the metal is altered by bending) so I wouldn't recommend trusting it.

Jim

·
Registered
241 Posts
I wear OWB with a nylon riggers gun belt 90% of the time to prevent mishaps. It's completely secure with belt running through my Foxx OWB leather holster.

If I wear IWB - again I use a nylon riggers belt with a Foxx IWB leather holster. The clips are extremely secure carrying a SR9 and SR9c

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.