Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I am in a situation where I may regularly need to be in "dress clothes," with Khaki pants and a dress shirt, but no jacket indoors.

I am considering a few holster options to work when your shirt is tucked in and you cannot have IWB holster clips visible.

I have carried up under my armpit. This works well, but is very slow to access.

So, I am thinking a small gun in-pants-pocket, most likely the Ruger LCP, for very quick access might be good, where I could buy time to get a more powerful gun out from an under-armpit deep conceal if needed.

I like the idea of the Guide Gear holster - you fit your LCP in there, and put in pocket, and it prints like a wallet not a handgun.

What Khakis or cotton dress pants might work the best to be big enough to hold this, and maybe structured enough to disguise this well? -Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm carrying an LCR in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. These pants work well for me:
Robot Check

Not sure that link will work- they're the 5.11 Tactical #74273 Men's TacLite Pro Pant.

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
With the small size of the LCP I suspect most dress type pants would work. The key is not to have them too tight and even pleated might add a little space.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wear mostly Haggar khakis and wrangler relaxed fit jeans with a LCP. It is in a Desantis nemesis holster in my front pocket everyday in an office setting. No problems.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I find that if the pocket is a little shallow, then it tends to keep your gun and holster from being half way down your thigh, which makes the whole mess print too much.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I use the Dockers cargo pants (available at Wally world, in addition to many other places) to conceal my SP101 in a Desantis pocket holster. Plenty of room, even with the Hogue grip on the SP. The weight of the SP is not a problem since I still have a waist.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dockers and either front pocket or rear with an LCP works fine. I use a wallet holster and in my back pocket it looks like a wallet.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
If you're wanting to front pocket carry, you need to look at the Length of the 'Slash', as well as the angle.
If trying them on when you don't have your handgun with you, you basically need to be able to insert your hand, make a fist inside the pocket and try to withdraw it. If the slash is too short, you won't be able to do this. If the Slash is too horizontal, or too vertical, drawing will be very awkward.

Most of the Wrangler brand 'Relaxed Fit' pants (jeans, cargo and Docker style) have nice long slashes, at a nice 45 degree angle... Just right for Front Pocket carry.

On an average frame, 'Relaxed Fit' gives decent looseness across the thighs (without being too baggy). If 'Relaxed Fit' is snug on your thighs (with no gun), you'd obviously need to move up to 'Loose Fit' pants, in order to give you decent room.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Believe it or not, an Uncle Mike's #2 pocket holster works pretty darned good with the LCP. Also, am trying a Recluse front pocket holster. I like that inserting your finger against the leather disengages the pistol from the trigger block effortlessly for quite frankly a perfect draw. The Uncle Mike's is 50/50 of the holster coming out with the LCP. If somebody is looking at your pocket on purpose, they would know "something" is in there but couldn't know it's a firearm due to the square printing from the Recluse. The Uncle Mike's prints a blob of whatever even less. This is in jean pockets and I know you dress in nicer clothes but thought I'd pass it along. Perhaps they would print even less. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
When I pocket carry my LCP, it's in a Remora holster...from dress slacks to jeans and everything in between. No really tight-fitting jeans, however.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
+1 for the Desantis Nemesis holster.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Uncle Mikes pocket holster and my Colt Pocketlite are a winning combo when professional dress requires it. Like most everyone has already said, Dockers relaxed fit pants are great for small pistol pocket carry.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.