Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise of a good source of parts for Red Labels?

My old trusty Red Label now needs some loving care!

The top barrel seems to be out of time? It is slow to eject the spent shell, it just slowly creeps out then forcibly (as it should) ejects the shell, takes a few seconds to do so.

A year or so ago, I dropped the forend and lost the ejector sear plunger and spring. A local smith turned a new plunger but the gun never worked quite right after.

If I can fund parts I would replace all.

Who is a trusted gunsmith who works and knows Red Labels? Who would you send your Red Label too?

Thanks for any help! Mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can anyone advise of a good source of parts for Red Labels?

My old trusty Red Label now needs some loving care!

The top barrel seems to be out of time? It is slow to eject the spent shell, it just slowly creeps out then forcibly (as it should) ejects the shell, takes a few seconds to do so.

A year or so ago, I dropped the forend and lost the ejector sear plunger and spring. A local smith turned a new plunger but the gun never worked quite right after.

If I can fund parts I would replace all.

Who is a trusted gunsmith who works and knows Red Labels? Who would you send your Red Label too?

Thanks for any help! Mike
My first choice would be to send it to Ruger Service Center and then if that did not prove satisfactory then I would try Numrich Gun Parts Corp in New York for possible replacement parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts