Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made a deal, and I want to get some feedback on it. I think I made a good buy. I went to my local Gun & Pawn. They had a Ruger 10/22 that was used. It is the birchwood stock model older one good shape needs a good cleaning. It has a scope on it. An older model Weaver K-2 2.5 good shape only normal wear. The rings are nice as well. I decided after seeing the scope, and all to see what I kiind of price I could get. $150.00 out the door. tax and all. I only had a a little on me, but they know me so it is in lay away until I can get back up there. Now do you think I got a good deal??

·
Registered
63 Posts
If it shoots straight I think you did pretty well. Unless it totally falls apart on you I don't see how you could have gone wrong with that.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I forget to look in pawn shops for gun deals. Many pawn shops nearby, I should get in the habit of making the rounds every now and then.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PIcs will be coming as soon as possible. It may take me a littel while.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eddie F pawn shos around here are filling up with good guns. I wish I could get all of them. I make a regular trip to the bigg one here called J.T.'s and check out what they have that isn;t going ot be picked up. They even do layaway for me since I am a regular. You might want to check the ones in your area.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Sometimes you can get a good deal but most of the time here lately I can buy new for almost the same price. One does have to be carefull.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen a few that they really wen tover board on. They have two real old Winchester shotguns at my local pawn shop. They have no finish left basically. Solid grey. Nice patina, but not a full collector condition gun. I like to collect guns that have a nice owrn patins, but the price has to match the condition

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
I picked up my KP89DC from a pawn shop that does all my Mark transfers. They were a little over stocked on the used P89s so I got mine for what the pawn shop had invested in it. :D:D

Sometimes pawn shops have good deals, but most of the time they don't. I stopped by a few pawn shops looking for a small chainsaw and maybe a gas powered lawn edger, and they wanted nearly retail for these old greasy machines. No Thanks...

·
Registered
79 Posts
quote:Originally posted by wetidlerjr

I took a copy of your worthless.gif and have been using it. [}:)] Hope you don't mind. I'd sure like to know how you created it.

Jman8182

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had the same experience with pawn shops. I looked at a Glock 30 on the way to the GS to buy one. It was well used, about $40 off retail with 1 mag, no box or papers. When I showed no interest he said he could do better on the price. By then I wasn't interested. I drove a few more miles and got a nice deal on a new one. I'm sure ther are deals to be had at the pawn shops, I just haven't found one yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pawn shops in my area of Southern California are getting out of the gun business. I checked several that had ads in the phone book mentioning guns, but no more. I remember always seeing guns in pawn shops a few years ago. Also some gun shops are closing down around here.

·
Registered
155 Posts
L.F. Combs, Assuming everything works aok, you made a very good buy. Often times, you have to "play" the pawn shop guy just to see how hungry he is. I usually check on prices and deals of "other" items in the shop before I get into the "guns". By then I have a better "sense" of how he may deal on the guns. I have gotten some very good buys in pawn shops over the years. When you do get one that won't deal, simply "walk" away. He will "remember" you the "next" time you return!...................Dick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.