Ruger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
It ain't all bad

Picked up a Ruger PR in 6mm Creedmoor, my first LD platform, from gunsinternational, seller was a small shop in SC, and the price was so good I was a little worried. Rifle showed up, and it was in even better condition than the vendor described, and at a great price. Very excited to build this baby up and start drivin tacks at 1,000+. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Walked into one of my favorites and when they asked if I was looking for anything in particular I told them a stainless Bearcat. Guy walks out of the back with one in his hands. He had just replaced the ejector rod housing with a new one. It had hit the ground and also had a small chip on one grip panel. I asked how much. Guys says $325. I say $275 out the door work?? Done deal including the BG check, of which we bend over and pay an extra $10 for here in Orygun. I also got the damaged ejector rod housing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I frequent Texas pawn shops as often as I can. I have passed on so many good deals that if I had them all, I would have to buy another safe. For example,
Colt .25ACP (not Astra) $299
Beretta FS92 w LE markings $400
Walther TPH .22LR - $299
and many more.
Deals and steals include.
BSA Side by Side 12 Gauge LNIB w chokes - $499 (sold for $900)
Stevens Visible Loader .22 Rimfire Pump w original blue/case hardened receiver
-$179 (sold for $499)
Colt Double Eagle Officers Model Stainless - $550 (sold for $750)
Franchi Alcione O/U with 12 and 20 ga interchangable bbl set - ($800) not for sale
and the best one - Gunbroker purchase of AR15 for $600 in 2008. I even called to verify that it had a collapsible stock, a flat top, flip up sights on the rail, quad rail foregrip and a mag. You'd have thought the guy would have thought to mention the Eotech 512 sitting on the flat top in front of that flip up rear sight. $400 red dot for the price of the gun. Lucky me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in a pretty small town so there are only 2 pawn shops in my area. My last few gun buys have been from those shops. They are hit and miss on the pricing. Most of the time they are pretty reasonable but tend to veer higher than lower. However, I have had some steals, in my opinion.
1960 Marlin 39A in really nice 97% condition for $250
I had a beautiful Browning white gold medallion a-bolt on layaway when it came back as stolen so they gave me an absolutely immaculate 1973 Colt New Frontier .22 & half my cash back. Also bought a 70s Ruger Blackhawk 357 which I was able to use in a trade for a Marlin 1895G.
A Ruger Super Single Six 22WMR with the NRA logo ( of 725) made for $375. & last but not least, a Colt Rail Gun 1911 with box & papers for $600.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Man, I've been to a couple pawn shops, few I've been to sell guns. I dont know if it's the CA gun laws that cause that (my best bet) the local pawn shop out by me is basically just a gun shop, and at our local gun show, they are who are able to do all the transfers from non local dealers here in my area. I have seen so much about out of state pawn shop finds in regards to firearms, someday I hope to experience it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have purchased 2 firearms from pawn shops. First one was a Star Model 30M like new with target sights for $225. This was about 17 years ago and I am still happy.
The second was a 44spl Blackhawk with the 4 5/8 barrel and an extra set of grips. Like new but no box etc. $454 shipped to my dealer. Happy again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've hunted pawnshops and gun shows for a while. Yes, both seem to be over priced and under stocked in everything except semi-autos and ARs. Recently, I have purchased a blue .44 SBH with holster wear for a reasonable price at a local pawn shop. He asked $, I offered less $, drive out and I walked out with a decent pistol at a fair price.
It was the only 'find' of a day of pawn shops and gun stores.
Had a surprising experience at a show recently. After working the tables and about to buy a project .22 rifle, I saw an odd pistol on one of the last tables. It was a MOA Maximum in 7 TCU. Picked it up and the seller offered for 50 bucks less than the ticket. I paid the man and left with the first pistol I've bought at a show in 15 or so years.
Keep hunting, there's something out there, you just have to find it.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
You guys did it to me. I had to go and check the local pawn shop just to see. And my original post still stands unfortunately. Its good that some of my fellow forum members are able to find deals at pawn shops, but I guess not in my area. He had a handful of guns, mainly a few savage bolt actions, a few mossberg 500-level shotguns, and a bunch of muzzleloaders, all in pretty rough shape.

I wonder if it has to do with LGS availability. In my area, not counting pawn shops, I bet I have at least six gun shops within a 30 minute drive, maybe more, not counting private FFL's and at least ten if I expand that radius to an hour.

Happy shopping for those who have pawn shops with decent selections and can negotiate good prices.

·
Registered
10 Posts
About a year ago I got a Remington 511 for a fair price at the local pawn shop.

Back in the 90's I got a MAK-90 for less than $200 in the next county. At that time the wholesale on them was about $250 so I thought for sure at that price it had suffered damage from corrosive ammo. I took it apart to check it out. The lady behind the counter freaked out a little bit but calmed down when I told her I would buy it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
About a year ago I got a Remington 511 for a fair price at the local pawn shop.

Back in the 90's I got a MAK-90 for less than $200 in the next county. At that time the wholesale on them was about $250 so I thought for sure at that price it had suffered damage from corrosive ammo. I took it apart to check it out. The lady behind the counter freaked out a little bit but calmed down when I told her I would buy it.
Bet you wished you still had that mak-90. Those things have gone through the roof.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts