Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there from south central Texas. Not new to shooting or Rugers. I just finished my latest project. She is a 7mm Rem Mag M-77 Mk 1 (tang safety) from the 70's that was sold to a local pawn shop with a custom stock. It sat on the rack for almost a year, price and some condition issues. Bore was excellent but dirty. I replaced the trigger guard with a steel trigger guard from Gunbroker.com. New floor plate came from a LGS junk box. It's steel and had never been finished or blued. Local gunsmith installed a muzzle brake, machine turned the bolt, moved the sling stud from the barrel to the stock, touched up the bluing. Scope mounts and rings are new. Scope is the same vintage as the rifle. Scope is a NOS Weaver 3-9X El Paso scope (made in US, steel tube). It had never been out of the box in 30 years. Hunting rifle barrel profile, suspect I can shoot 3 rounds and then wait for the barrel to cool. I will find out later this week when take her to the Austin Rifle Club for the first time.

Like my 10-22's and Mk.II bull barrel .22 for matches too.

Come say hello if you like vintage hunting rifles.

Attachments

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Welcome!

Fine looking rifle. Post up the results in the "Range Reports" forum - love to see how she shoots.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,413 Posts
Welcome from Nor-Cal!
That's a fine looking rifle.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Texan in H-town...

·
Registered
17,166 Posts
Welcome from up in the Panhandle.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Another big welcome to the Forum from Georgia!!

Great looking rifle.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Howdy from West By God Virginia.. Nice looking rifle you have there..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.