Ruger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
@Matthew23 - You made me look ;)

This is my bolt from my PC Carbine with about 2,500 rounds through it. The picture makes it look worse than it is in real life.

Rectangle Wood Automotive exterior Composite material Gas

That notch is what the last round hold open lever catches:

Automotive exterior Bumper Rim Composite material Rectangle

Purple Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Tints and shades

Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle door Automotive exterior

That lever is pushed up when you assemble the receiver into the stock, and then pushed up to stop the bolt by the magazine follower when the mag is empty.

The lever is part #43 on the parts diagram in the PC Carbine user manual, page 57, and is the "Last Round Catch".

Not sure of that is normal or not, but I am seeing the same wear on mine. I will check my other PC carbine when I get time.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Here is my bolt from my PC Carbine that I have put 200 rounds through. I do not know the total through the gun since I got it used.

Rectangle Natural material Fashion accessory Metal Wood

Wood Metal Rectangle Art Fashion accessory

I measured the deformity and the first bolt I posted has .009 inches and the second has .004 inches.

Now that I am aware of this I will pay attention each time I take the guns apart. I have sent Ruger a question about this through their online support page contact form.

·
Registered
198 Posts
One piece has to sustain minimal force on occasion, the other (bolt) has to sustain maximum force each shot.
The notch that is being deformed only contacts the Last Round Catch and then only when you fire until the mag is empty or pull the bolt back with an empty mag inserted, so it has zero force on it any other time.

I use my PC Carbines for Steel Challenge matches, that is 90% of my shooting. I very seldom shoot until a magazine is empty , so the bolt seldom locks open on an empty magazine.

I am not very concerned about this, yet. I will keep my eye on it though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sent request tor Ruger CS via their web site on 8/1/22
Received email back on 8/2/22 with link to upload photos
Uploaded the photos 8/2/22

I used some of the same pics I have in my previous posts. I will update when they reply again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts