Ruger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took apart my PC carbine for a quick clean today and noticed some small deformation at the corner of the bolt. It doesn't seem to be too bad at the moment but it will definitely scratch up the receiver if it get worse. I've put about 500 rounds though it in the past 2 months. Has anyone noticed this? I wonder is this just a "break-in" wear or something I need to talk to Ruger about?

I'm using the factory Glock magwell in case anyone is wondering.
Gas Tints and shades Wood Font Trigger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@RIBob Yeah I'm definitely keeping an eye on it from now on to see how it progresses. As Marvin suggested in the post above, the bolt is probably mashed up from hitting the last round catch. Unfortunately we don't get the legendary Ruger customer service in Canada. But I'll email Ruger's Canada service station to see what they think of this

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Matthew23 - You made me look ;)

This is my bolt from my PC Carbine with about 2,500 rounds through it. The picture makes it look worse than it is in real life.

View attachment 173377

That notch is what the last round hold open lever catches:

View attachment 173378

View attachment 173379

View attachment 173380

That lever is pushed up when you assemble the receiver into the stock, and then pushed up to stop the bolt by the magazine follower when the mag is empty.

The lever is part #43 on the parts diagram in the PC Carbine user manual, page 57, and is the "Last Round Catch".

Not sure of that is normal or not, but I am seeing the same wear on mine. I will check my other PC carbine when I get time.
Ha interesting... It might be a "feature" if everyone has the same issue. I definitely expected the bolt to be much stronger than the last round catch though. 😅

1 - 3 of 3 Posts