Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an almost brand new PC carbine in 9mm. It seemed to work just fine, until I took it apart to put in the glock magwell. The bolt jams on the magazine now and wont close unless I remove the magazine. Cycling ammunition is extremely poor as well. I figured maybe the magwell was faulty, so I put the factory ruger magwell back in and now the bolt jams open on the ruger mag too. I was very careful and nothing I can see has been bent or damaged. I'm extremely frustrated and now feel like just selling the whole damn gun and all the glock mags I bought for it. Anybody else run into this issue?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Failure to cycle

I have been lucky. My 19122 has been flawless for the first 1000 rounds. Lot's of suggestions on the forum associated with this issue. It really is a fun gun. Good luck.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'd just send it back for warranty work. Ruger CS is good to go. My rifle had issues when I first got it, but came back better than ever.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
It seemed to work just fine, until I took it apart to put in the glock magwell.
It seems something you did during disassembly/reassembly caused the problem. Take the rifle completely apart again and, following the owner's manual exactly, reassemble it carefully. If it worked before it should work now unless you damaged a part. Did you reassemble the bolt head correctly? If you lost or displaced one of the pins, that would be a real problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed it! Took it right down and cleaned it thoroughly. I guess the previous owner didnt do that. Not sure why the bolt was jamming, but since I put it back together after a complete disassembly and cleaning, it works great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this same issue with either Glock or Ruger magazine. With empty magazine the bolt jams on the magazine like it's in too far.
Is this a regular issue with these? Was working fine, just knocked the dust off with a rag and noticed the bolt would nit release forward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this same issue with either Glock or Ruger magazine. With empty magazine the bolt jams on the magazine like it's in too far.
Is this a regular issue with these? Was working fine, just knocked the dust off with a rag and noticed the bolt would nit release forward.
Maybe I'm not understanding your post, but the bolt is designed to stay open on an empty mag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts