Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i just picked up my PC carbine the other day went to put in the glock mag adapter and thought i needed to spin the adjustment knob to get the thing to breakdown, well now its stuck in one position, i didnt wrench on it i just spun it till it stopped which thought it meant i could be disassemble. I know stupid move but anyone know how i might be able to get it loose?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
If it is adjusted very tight, put a knee on the stock on a bed or couch and turn the barrel with both hands. Yes the bolt must be locked open also. I run mine one click tighter than just assembling the gun and tightening the adjustment ring with my fingers to remove all the lash.

·
Banned
4,210 Posts
My first time I tried to break mine down I forgot about locking the bolt open during two attempts. Then after I got up from slapping my head so hard for forgetting, it came apart like a breeze.

I bet he has it apart now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its breaks apart fine i did have the bolt held open. but when i reassemble it there is still some wobble in the rifle so i tried to adjust it tigher but i thinks its stuck as loose as it goes.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Be careful and use that sheet of rubber or some other protective material and a set of pliers to get a strong grip on the ring nut and carefully try to turn the nut. Make sure you have enough material on the nut to keep the pliers from marking the nut. You might try a penerating oil on the nut and let it sit first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya i think im just gonna give ruger a call tomorrow thanks for the info guys think im just better off going through them so i dont make it worse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all i just picked up my PC carbine the other day went to put in the glock mag adapter and thought i needed to spin the adjustment knob to get the thing to breakdown, well now its stuck in one position, i didnt wrench on it i just spun it till it stopped which thought it meant i could be disassemble. I know stupid move but anyone know how i might be able to get it loose?

Thanks in advance!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts