Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been considering a PC Carbine in 9mm for a while now. I do understand that prices are up but it's now that I have the money for it, so if I can find one I'll see if I can grab it. Before I go out a pay a premium for the PC Carbine in 9mm (if I can find it), can I get some opinions as to it's reliability and is it finicky regrading the brand of 9mm ammo that it is fed ? Also, how does it do with reloads ? It's main uses would be shooting at 50 yards at the range and a backup to my 12 gauge shotgun for home defense.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Only been able to run a few hundred of mixed FMJ and HP. No issues. It is a bit heavy at 7 pounds but it mimics the operation of the M1 carbine so I really love it. I only use the stock Ruger mags. Some have had problems with the Glock mags but there are so many Glock mag makers that was bound to happen.

Plus sheer brilliance that everything can be moved or ambidextrous.

As an aside, I have the SR9C so 2 stock hi cap mags and a ten rounder and the mags run in both.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've got around 3,000 rounds through mine. Every round has been one of my reloads.d it

I wore out the extractor and replaced it with the M*Carbo unit.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,899 Posts
OP: Good luck and hope you get a chance to own one. Just a fine carbine for many applications. They eat ammo like there is no tomorrow and can be dependable. Keep looking they do come up now and then and sell fast.
You already know(Mags for SR9, SR9c and the 9E also cycle the PCC9) Good to have for home and property defense. Everyone can share mags if needed if SHTF. Great at the range and for training.
*Agree, if you come across one get it you may just fall in love with it. Get plenty of ammo/reloads and enjoy.
*Armybrat-> nice photo!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, I'll see if I can get myhands n one but I think in my area (New Jersey) they are going to be way over priced.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just called my local gun shop. They have no idea when they may see another PC Carbine as the rifle has been back ordered for sometime now.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have 1300 round down range with my PCC. Love it and fun to shoot. I use Ruger mags and just tried my new Promag 30+ round mag that worked fine with no issues.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Heads-up for PC Carbine owners!
ShopRuger has the PCC carry case on sale now, marked down from $89.99 to $62.99.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have the original PC Carbine from 1997. They are a lot f fun to shoot. I would buy another except I also have the marlin Camp 9 carbine, so my safe has plenty of PCC's already!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hubby has one and he really enjoys shooting it. He uses OEM Glock magazines because we have a goodly supply of them. And he recently bought a 30 round after market magazine. He says it works but has only had it out once. (My previous experience with aftermarket magazines in Glock pistols is that they didn't work. )

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hubby has one and he really enjoys shooting it. He uses OEM Glock magazines because we have a goodly supply of them. And he recently bought a 30 round after market magazine. He says it works but has only had it out once. (My previous experience with aftermarket magazines in Glock pistols is that they didn't work. )
The ETS mags have been 100% for me. I own the 31 round and the 40 round mags from them.

The Amend2 mags have also been 100%. They make a 34 round mag. Primary arms had a sale on these not long ago. For less than the cost of two factory Glock 33 round mags I got 5 of the 34 round mags delivered.

I've ran both brands of these in both my Ruger PCC and my PSA AR9. Palmetto ships their AR9 with an ETS mag.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,899 Posts
I have the original PC Carbine from 1997. They are a lot f fun to shoot. I would buy another except I also have the marlin Camp 9 carbine, so my safe has plenty of PCC's already! View attachment 146966
That PC4 is a keeper! Good caliber and a good carbine. Been trying to buy my neighbors PC4 Police Carbine in .40 S&W but he decided to keep both of his. These shoot well for me and it is on my want list.

Reactions: mrmike7189

·
Registered
865 Posts
That PC4 is a keeper! Good caliber and a good carbine. Been trying to buy my neighbors PC4 Police Carbine in .40 S&W but he decided to keep both of his. These shoot well for me and it is on my want list.
Ruger makes a new one . The PCC 40 ..no?

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,899 Posts
Ruger makes a new one . The PCC 40 ..no?
Yes! The newer carbine is still one I would consider. My LGS stated he has access to the newer model 19110 in 40 S&W and could be this week. Not a big fan of the take down but not a deal breaker. Was going to wait until things calmed down in the market but that's what I said with the Wrangler, LCPII22LR and P345 that just followed me home.
*I had a chance last summer to get a original Ruger PC Carbine 40 S&W almost NIB. I kick myself every time for not going through with the deal. The one you have in the photo is still high on my list.

Reactions: mrmike7189

·
Registered
763 Posts
A friend has an older PC9 carbine and I got to check out a newer one a few weeks ago so I've compared they both with these thoughts.

I much prefer the lines and the real wood stock of the older Ruger carbine (really don't like the huge convertible magwell necessitated by it being made in plastic instead of metal). However, the newer carbine has a much better trigger and can use Glock mags so I'd be left with the choice of a good looking carbine or one that shoots better.

I was surprised at the heavy weight of both versions; over 1½ lbs heavier than an M1 Carbine. I'm not sure why the excess weight but they are what they are. As I'm not a fan at all of plastic stocks and I just can't abide a mushy trigger, it's a difficult choice for me.

Reactions: rickclark28

·
Registered
351 Posts
A friend has an older PC9 carbine and I got to check out a newer one a few weeks ago so I've compared they both with these thoughts.

I much prefer the lines and the real wood stock of the older Ruger carbine (really don't like the huge convertible magwell necessitated by it being made in plastic instead of metal). However, the newer carbine has a much better trigger and can use Glock mags so I'd be left with the choice of a good looking carbine or one that shoots better.

I was surprised at the heavy weight of both versions; over 1½ lbs heavier than an M1 Carbine. I'm not sure why the excess weight but they are what they are. As I'm not a fan at all of plastic stocks and I just can't abide a mushy trigger, it's a difficult choice for me.

Blowback action vs a locked action.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts