Ruger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
A friend has an older PC9 carbine and I got to check out a newer one a few weeks ago so I've compared they both with these thoughts.

I much prefer the lines and the real wood stock of the older Ruger carbine (really don't like the huge convertible magwell necessitated by it being made in plastic instead of metal). However, the newer carbine has a much better trigger and can use Glock mags so I'd be left with the choice of a good looking carbine or one that shoots better.

I was surprised at the heavy weight of both versions; over 1½ lbs heavier than an M1 Carbine. I'm not sure why the excess weight but they are what they are. As I'm not a fan at all of plastic stocks and I just can't abide a mushy trigger, it's a difficult choice for me.
I’d buy a wood stock version in takedown in a New York minute.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just called my local gun shop. They have no idea when they may see another PC Carbine as the rifle has been back ordered for sometime now.
I got mine from NorthwestArmory.

Sent it to my local shop. Love the Flag Camo look as it looks distressed and worn.
(I believe it was $649 in late August when I purchased mine)

I should have purchased additional mags for it but was too excited that I found one that I forgot.
This and my SR9 are my home defense go to’s.

Actually, their predecessor is a Tippman TPX CO2 Handgun with Teargas/Peppergas Rounds made by SALT.
(Same gun)

This makes a great option to hand to someone not trained or comfortable with a firearm.
(At the time, my now ex-wife refused to go with me to a safety class)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts