Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked one up this afternoon. I think this is going to be a fun gun.
Only one mag through it before dark but I like the solid feel and lack of recoil.
My only semi rifle experience is with the 10/22 so this is a step up for me. Look forward to trying my handloads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Righteous Dude
21,487 Posts
Great! This rifle is a lot of fun. Plenty of accessories are out or coming out for it too. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
You are correct Alderman, great little rifle, but expensive.

Not the rifle itself, but I had to buy a SR9 to go with it (for the mags), then some extra SR9 mags, then some 15, 22, and 33 round Glock mags, then lots of ammo.

That darn rifle is going to bankrupt me!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was hoping they would figure a way to use P series mags. I read the original version would but the used ones I’ve seen are going for quite a bit more than the new models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
Congratulations! Nice PCC. You’re going to enjoy it. I love mine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Love the paint job on it. Did you do that, or did it chome that way?

Here is how mine sits right now.
I put it in the back of the safe and pretty much left it alone

I would like to get a threaded barrel for it if Ruger ever decides to sell the barrels and toss it in a chassis if our "Assault Weapon" law is over turned here. I would love to put a pistol grip on it, but hate the fins we have to use if the mags are not locked.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’ve had one for 3 years....great and so much fun! I’ve probably got 3000 rounds down the pipe and have ZERO failures with the UMC range buckets! You’ll love it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Where did you get your charging handle and mag release button?
His look to be factory.

Are you asking about mine?

If so, the mag release is Tandemkross, the left side is a random ebay one that will be replaced by a [TK] one and the right side is the [TK] spartan charging handle

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I was hoping they would figure a way to use P series mags. I read the original version would but the used ones I’ve seen are going for quite a bit more than the new models.
The original Police Carbines did use P-series magazines but those guns (both the carbine and pistols)have been out of production for many years.

The new PC Carbine takes current Ruger pistol magazines (SR9, Security9 and American) and the vastly more popular Glock magazines. There has been no move to make wells for anything else yet.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Love mine that I acquired recently. Get a at least one Glock 32 round mag before you have to wait forever. ETS mags are fine bargain, also.
ENJOY!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts