Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while installing a new trigger in my PC Charger i noticed an issue. the hole for the trigger spring/detent was drilled at a slight angle. with the stock trigger spring and detent this isn’t an issue as the spring hasn’t had a problem resetting the trigger. (through about 500 rounds)
with this new trigger, the angle of this hole seems to prevent the new spring/detent from resetting the trigger. i have to push the trigger forward to hear it reset.
Anyone else had this issue on the Charger, Carbine?
Automotive tire Tire Rim Automotive design Gas

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually have an open RMA with Ruger about this exact issue. I noticed when I installed my Binary Trigger. When I called Ruger, the CS person stated that off center with the angle is normal. She said if I sent the gun in, they would check to make the sure the hole is drilled properly.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I have had no problem with the after marker trigger I installed on my PC Charger. I believe the Franklin binary trigger came with a stouter spring to replace the OEM trigger return spring.

·
Registered
35 Posts
10/22s and PC Carbines/Chargers always have angled trigger plunger holes due to the way that they are drilled at the factory. If your trigger is not resetting I would take the trigger out and try the install again. What trigger did you install?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i installed the FA Binary trigger as well. and i heard the same thing from Ruger when i spoke with them last week. the hole is drilled at an angle at the factory. The staff at Optics Planet, where i purchased the trigger are graciously sending a replacement as they thought it could just be a defective spring or might have been bent and isn’t functioning properly. when i first installed the trigger it went smoothly and i only had issues once i began the function checks and it failed on step 3 with the hammer not falling off the disconnector to the sear on its own. if i pushed the trigger forward slightly it would then fall to the sear. Optics Planet typically does not accept returns or exchanges on their triggers so i was pleasantly surprised when they offered to replace it.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
And those of you with the FA Binary trigger, how do you like it? is it worth the $260?
Yep. I love it. I think it's a bit over priced for what you get, but once installed it really is a hoot to shoot. I paid $300 for mine direct from Franklin Armory. If I had it to do all over again.......yes I would.

·
Registered
7 Posts
And those of you with the FA Binary trigger, how do you like it? is it worth the $260?
yup its worth it. Only issue i have with my ruger pc charger is where to hold it so i dont push the magazine release. I am using glock 33 round mags and i try not to grip those because of a little wobble. I got mine from big daddy unlimited for $244.xx. Lowest price i found.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts