Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum so I apologize if this question has already been answered somewhere. I took my Charger to the range today & loved it! -- with one exception. Every 3rd or 4th round of Hornady 115gr FTX would jam. I've switched the mag well & am using 33 round Glock mags. I ran about 120 rounds of Winchester white box 115gr & about 120 rounds of Federal 124gr --- both with no problems -- from the same magazines. But the Hornady Critical Defense still failed to feed consistently. Is anyone else having this issue? Should I simply stay away from this FTX ammo with the Charger? Thanks!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Welcome to the forum from central Ohio. Couple questions did you do a field strip and clean and lube the gun before you took it out to shoot. You said you ran a total of 240 rounds through it without any problems so it appears the mags are feeding ok and the gun is feeding ok. Some guns require more of a break in than others so maybe run another one or two hundred through it and then try the Hornady ammo again. If the Hornady still doesn't feed I would try a different brand of self defense ammo.

·
Registered
94 Posts
A defensive firearm is only effective if it works. Regardless of how much we may want to use a particular ammo type, if it doesn’t feed reliably don’t use it. As mentioned above, cleaning the weapon and running more ammo through it may help, but some brands just won’t feed in some weapons. The high-cap mags may also be a contributor, are they actual Glock brand?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a wipe down, bore snake, and a little spot of balistol -- not a major cleaning. The mags are Glock OEM. Unfortunately, I didn't have any other hollow point ammo with me to test against the Hornady FTX. Maybe it's the polymer tip? Hopefully it's not an issue with all hollow points. Anyway, thanks for the replies. I'm looking forward to putting many more rounds downrange with my new truck gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts