Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a PC Charger and need some help in terms of sight recommendations. My astigmatism and the red dot I bought didn't work.
Any iron sight suggestions? Or something else that works better than a red dot for astigmatism?

New Ruger owner. Plan on buying many more!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
994 Posts

This seems to be a good option.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Try the Vortex Spitfire AR. It's a 1X prism optic that stays clear for astigmatism. The dot/circle is etched on a glass and is clear. It also is visible if your battery fails. It works great with a brace but you can still see the reticle shooting the PC Charger without a brace.

Spitfire AR Prism Scope

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually just bought one of those and the dot is too blurry. I will return it. Otherwise seemed great and has glowing reviews. Unfortunately my eye wont work with it.

Thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
I actually just bought one of those and the dot is too blurry. I will return it. Otherwise seemed great and has glowing reviews. Unfortunately my eye wont work with it.

Thanks

It's an optic like a scope. There is a focus adjustment on the rear of the sight so you can sharpen up the sight picture.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, fiddles with it and just couldn't get it to work for me. Also a possibility the thing was damaged during shipping or something.

Thanks

·
Cat Herder
1,562 Posts
The prism 1x worked with my astigmatism too. On my 45 carbine I have a SeeAll sight. They are pretty quick but take a lot of getting used to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry I'm late for the dance but I too have an astigmatism and need glasses for near objects. I also just outfitted my PC Carbine with a Vortex Strikefire ll and when I look thru the lens without my glasses both the green and red dot are crystal clear! I have also noticed this with my Vortex Venom on my Kimber 1911. Weird, but true. The Strikefire is the bomb on my PCC. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I also have problems with astigmatism. I have been happy with the Holsun circle dot sights with a 2 MOA dot. I have one on my S&W 15-22, Ruger 10/22 Charger and Ruger PC Carbine. The small dot is not distorted very much and the circle really helps in acquiring the target. I have a Strikefire II on my AR and it is more of a smear than a dot.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Greetings...

I'm about to get a PC Charger 9mm Pistol to compliment my Bug-out Truck Collection! And I was interested in actual Iron Sights. From what I have found, Any AR 15 Iron Sights that will fit on the Top Pic Rail will do just fine. Just Google Picatinny rail iron sights. You'll get plenty of suggestions.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Greetings...

I'm about to get a PC Charger 9mm Pistol to compliment my Bug-out Truck Collection! And I was interested in actual Iron Sights. From what I have found, Any AR 15 Iron Sights that will fit on the Top Pic Rail will do just fine. Just Google Picatinny rail iron sights. You'll get plenty of suggestions.
Have you actually tried that?! The rear sight is going to be very much taller than the front, meaning it won't line up correctly to the target. Even the low profile ones are too high. The only one that MIGHT work is this one but I haven't taken the plunge just yet. I would LOVE to be wrong. I don't think I am.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Greetings...

No, And as you say, Everything is way too high. I'm now of the opinion, that I'm NOT going to get one, until Ruger comes to its senses, and actually markets a COMPLETE gun! I'll likely spend my money on the Chassis model.
Which is what I have wanted since April.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The sights on the carbine are decent but the rear sight is ahead of the receiver. While I get why Ruger did that, it effectively halves the sight radius. Hard to believe no one can make a simple screw on low-profile peep that fits the back rail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts