Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard it on the wind that the carbines have been dropped----sad that they were never offered in .45......

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I'm afraid you may be right. I don't see it listed on Ruger's internet site anymore. Too bad.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at a new Beretta .223-stumbled on it while lusting after a Storm .45 Carbine.....takes M16 mags....may be LEO only...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't understand why they'd produce something like that that few would want instead of a good .45 carbine that thousands would want...must have been someone's pet project...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not trying to steal a post but I got a PC4 on layaway. It seems like a great deal(375 for the carbine and an Aimpoint sight)but I dont know much about them. I thought for the price it would be good for HD or chasing coyotes through the timber what do yall think.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ain't no steal-a-post 'round here-we're family...we all just butt right on in and find a welcome......great price on the PC4---excellent HD and truck gun for urban-don't know what range it's good to but you'll tell us soon, won't you!!! Congrats...now go for a Ruger pistol to share the same mags with and you're ready for the coming things...on or off duty! Semper Fi!!!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Yeah, they had em for awhile at budsgunshop.com, for $399 if I remember correctly. They still have the PC4, but must have sold out of the PC9s.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Cheaper to scratch the itch on a pc now than later on down the road. Demand will drive it up eventually.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Bushmaster and Beretta both have them, they are legal here in Texas to own price but legal. The Beretta has the enter change able parts with the Ar 15 M 16 type weapons. Both take the same mags. The Bushmaster was the first to maufactory them to give chopper pilots more fire power.
I do have a marlin in 45 Long Colt, was going to get into Cowboy Action shooting but, once I found out that to save time they drop their rifles and shotguns to get to the next firing stations I lost all interest. I have from to much money to drop my guns to save a few extra seconds of time. The wood on my Marlin is beautiful, so no I am not going to run around dropping my guns for a few second of time. Like all of us I have worked very hard suffered through many disappointments in this life. Like having to sell or pawn our guns for the good of the family to pay for food clothes, what ever.
Now that I am living a much better life, i am not faced with that any more and sure hope it never comes back, wouldn't wish those times on anyone.
I have never really thought about buying one myself but it does come to mind that a 45 acp. semi auto carbine would be one hell of a door greater. A passing thought put one of those cranks on it that sure have heck would lite them up lol.
It seems to me that there is more of a market for the CCW these days and Ruger just isn't going to go there, accept for the sp101.
But then again I guess it wouldn't do for me to be incharge of Ruger, as I wouldn't be letting Beretta and the others beatting my company at CCW market. And I would cracking the whipe to put all Ar's to shame at camp perry. But that is just me.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You've got my vote for President of Ruger...but you gotta do free donuts for all visitors...tours complete with free samples...:D:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts