Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is mocked up. The 16.5" barrel up top is the only one I have for this gun.
20151120_095427 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr

When completed it will be a registered SBR with a 4.5" barrel and will be a supressor host.

I figure in the trust, tax stamps, labor, and a suppressor I'll be in it for another 800-900 dollars.

It hasn't been well received on other forums, though I like the idea quite a bit. I figure I have 5.56 guns in 10.5 and 7 inch barrel lengths, so I may as well continue the progression.

I haven't decided on a muzzle device just yet. It'll be a linear or "flash can" style of some sort.

I hope to have it done by the end of next year as funds allow.

A cheesy red dot has been found for it.

It was cheap and easy and fits the look of the project quite well. It should make for a lower 1/3rd co-witness with a 3/4" riser.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure the wife will be excited about it as well :rolleyes:

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
That looks like it'll be fun! I like the look, too. I look forward to hearing the progress and final results!

Also, PSA has the hi-rise Bushnell TRS-25 on sale if you want a different option.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up.

While that's a nice option and an incredible price, I have half that into the current optic/riser and it actually looks just as good optically, if not better, with a crisper dot. It will also properly co-witness. It just doesn't look as good aesthetically.

Midway had a Millett "Speed Dot" (basically an SP1 in high rings) for an incredible deal but I missed it. The rings looked like garbage and those are pretty spotty for quality these days, so it may have been a good thing.

The reviews I found on the Simmons were actually quite good, despite that sight being pretty unpopular. I think it fits the look overall...kinda old school cool, small, and slightly awkward :D

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Neat!

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I like it a lot! Funny you say it hadn't gone over too well on other forums, I've had the similar experiences.

Yours is the AR version of my GSG .22 SBR PDW!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Both look cool! Wish I had one.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
agreed, though i dont need one... nor did i need most of what i have.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like it a lot! Funny you say it hadn't gone over too well on other forums, I've had the similar experiences.

Yours is the AR version of my GSG .22 SBR PDW!
That is awesome.

I had been very tempted to get one of those when I saw them in stock locally (in pistol form).

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts