Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Long time lurker here. Recently picked up my CCW and I'm in the market for MY perfect holster. I'd like an IWB holster with about a 30 degree forward cant. I've tested many positions and this one seems to be the most comfortable (and safest) and easiest for me to draw. I'm also concerned about damage to my weapon. Any damage to my firearm is unacceptable IMO. I really like the look of the High Noon Split Decison holster that rman picked up but would like a little more cant. I plan on carrying with just an untucked shirt. I'm not a large guy and I need something to help me hide the handle on my 345. Any help is greatly appreciated. Glad to be here. :)

Conley

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I have a Milt Sparks VM2 holster that is the best of a dozen different holsters that I have. I like it so well that I have ordered another for a different gun. Different holsters work for different people but the VM2's work better for me than anything else. Welcome aboard and if you introduced yourself in the new member section of the lobby, it will give other members a chance to greet and get acquainted with you. :D

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
just about any of the holster makers make what your interested in, how ever there will be ware on the weapon. No matter who makes the holster there is going to be ware of some kind. Depending on how much you carry and what your really doing while your carrying. For example if you really active lets say doing alot of walking or carry while out for your run/jog then there will be much more holster ware on your gun. I have a Browning Hi power and it has a whole lot of holster ware. I have thought of getting it reblued but some how I like that look of well used not abused but well used look.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I favor ElPaso Saddlery. They have a pretty good selection & prices are not too high & quality is the best. Frank

·
Banned
282 Posts
If any holster wear is unacceptable, leave it in a box, in your gun safe. Carry pistols are going to show signs of wear after a while. There is no one-size-fits-all "perfect" holster. What works for me, won't necessarily work for you. I have a box of "perfect" holsters on my close shelf. Good luck.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
quote:Originally posted by pioneer461

Carry pistols are going to show signs of wear after a while.
I call it break-in. :D

Any gun is going to get holster wear. Wearing isn't as obvious on stainless pistols, but I wouldn't carry a stainless pistol.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
"Perfect Holster" for CCW to me is a oxymoron. I have been through a lot of holsters looking for that "Perfect Holster" and I have came to the conclusion, it just don't exist for CCW. I have even gone as far as buying the holster first, then a gun to fit it.

When I am wearing a big shirt or jacket, I carry my Kimber Ultra Compact Raptor II in a Bianchi 105 Minimalist (http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum2969.php).

For day to day I dress business and a waist holster completely unacceptable so I use a tactical shirt (http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum6061.php).

During summer months when I am out with the family, or traveling, I like the fanny-pack carry.

My favorite way to carry is the tactical shirt! I have 4 of them and want more!

·
Banned
282 Posts
but I wouldn't carry a stainless pistol.

Hey Keith, I'm curious. Why not carry stainless?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have a Kirpatrick Texas Strongside for the 1911 and an Uncle Mikes for the Star.

Keith, I'm curious as to why you won't carry a stainless piece too.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Found the High Noon holster on my front porch after work yesterday. Works pretty good so far. It fits my SP101 and 442. Think I'm going to like it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Check out the latest issue of Shooting Times. There is an article in it by Jim Wilson about different kinds of holsters and a couple of tips for each type.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Same reason LEO and Military don't carry stainless, concealment.

If I have to draw my pistol I don't want a big shiny gun reflecting the light and giving it away until I feel the need is right.

·
Registered
589 Posts
There are a lot of very good holsters out there I currently use a holster from AKJ CONCEALCO and it is my favorite so far. I also like a lot of cant and this holster is adjustable. What ever you decide on I have a couple of suggestions, get one that uses loops with snaps instead of clips and I much prefer two loops over one as it keeps the weapon in place better.

Here is a picture of mine.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Conley,... nice to see you here,... BUT...
<center>
</center>KP97DC,... Milt sure does make a Nice Holster... Wish they made one for my Gun...<:-((

REB,... I agree with SheepDog...<:))

·
Banned
282 Posts
"Same reason LEO and Military don't carry stainless, concealment."

Ah, but many LEO carry stainless pistols. Stainless finishes don't reflect light in the dark, but blue steel, nickle and chromed guns do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.