Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who names thier guns and what are they ?I've only named a few,my Win.1300 is my "Lucky" gun and my Marlin .357 is "Maggie".[8D]

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
He names his guns,,,shhhhh..

Actually, I have an Australian Lithgow No 1 SMLE tha tis named Sherrie, as in Sherrie Austin, the Aussie country singer...I know it's weird....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well........I have 'Big Iron' and it ain't even a Colt single action. Prolly only you older fellers would remember that name!:)
It is a 1917 Colt (New Service) double action revolver, calibre .45ACP but what little I shoot it, I use .45 AutoRim.
Also have BeeBeeQue, as in BBQ. a custom Old Model .45LC or .45 Colt(whichever you prefer) Blackhawk, 7 1/2" bbl, with Super grip, hammer and trigger and the whole thing is chrome plated. Yep, it has confused even some geezers at the range:D.
It was a gift from my oldest son about, I don't know, a number of years back!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hoho, Big Bertha is the name of the heavy mortar-type howitzer used by Germany during WWI. It's a nice name for a gun. ;) I call my 9 mil Mr. Shepherd after the one in "Pulp fiction".

·
Registered
576 Posts
I call them what they are...SP...GP...22/250...Alaskan...Redhawk...Single Six...I guess I am weird, but I keep them straight that way. My driver is Bertha...BIG Bertha. She has a name!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Wow, you must have a BIIIIIG store if you have a driver...is your limo a Hummer? I KNOW you ain't talkin' golf club...are you? Ron? Don't tell me you're one of those......:D

·
Registered
842 Posts
There's been times after a less than satisfactory session at the range when I've had a few pet names for a couple of mine. In all fairness though, in most cases the fault was my P-- poor shooting rather than that of the so named gun.:D
Baker

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
The story behind the nameing your weapon was to get in the minds if the G.I's that your weapon is your life if you take care of her then she will take care of you.
Now a true women will damn sure fight for her man and no holds barred either, if your in the way your lible to get killed and at the very least get hurt real bad.
I have one rifle that I have a name for and its Molly, I named her Molly after the pretty lady in the early morning riser club. The picture of that pretty lady was to me just perfect nice smile nice shape and well to me you could just tell she was good at what she does and a hard worker.
Now to me my M1 Garand have nice sexy lines, she will dang sure get the job done and much more. She came with the bayonet so if need be she can get down and dirty as long as I do my part.
I have never hard of an M1 Garand failing to do its job from any of the services folks I know. I have had the pleasure of working with a man that was on the tail end of WW2 and saw action Korea and Vet Nam. He never talked much to me about anything until we had known each other many years. He talked some but now much so ya know he saw some pretty hairy stuff. I asked him of all the weapons that you have use in the service which is the best all around rifle? He told the M1 Garand I could see the gleam in his eyes when he said it.
I have waited all my life to find one in the condition, I finally did. And that pretty lady in the coffee shop I'd say she would be worth waitting a life time for.
So there it is Molly and how and why she has her name.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I liked the name Sean Connery had for his rifle in Extraordinary Men,"Matilda".Also does "tick licker" ring any bells ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Out of all of the many guns I own, only three have a name, and it's the same name - Go To. As in "this is my go-to gun". They are, in no particular order, my Remington 870 12 ga., my Remington 700 BDL 30.06, and my Ruger GP100 half lug, blued .357. I have other favorites, but when it comes down to it, these are the three that I go to first for all my out-in-the-field needs. Tried and true, always ready to go.

Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

P.S. lately, my Kimber Pro Carry II seems to be the "go-to" .45 of choice...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts