Ruger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Henry the boa when he was about 22" long. My wife told me she wasn't gonna live in the same house with a snake. Either she or the snake had to go. Since my son, then about 3 yrs old liked it so well she calmed down just a bit and finally even touched and picked it up occasionally. 26 yrs later when Henry, now 7 ft long had gotten old and stopped eating I had to finally put him to sleep and that dang woman was still around.:D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Used to play with a neighbor's red boa-nowhere near that big-watch tv with it around my neck & shoulders-loved to feed it...not a real loving pet but they do have their own personality...acceptance, I'd call it....

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

Nice! Going to get another?
No. thought about it and they are interesting and pretty low maintenace once you get the aquarium/cage set up. It is sometimes hard to find feeder rats or other suitable food as they get bigger, and they do bite the hand that feeds them occasionally regardless of what some owners tell you, especially if you keep one as long as we did. May not get you today, tomorrow or even next year but sooner or later, WHAM.:D They're not a loving, cuddly kind of pet.:)
Baker

1 - 4 of 4 Posts