Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test yourself against others in your age group for your "News IQ". I had two wrong. Had I taken a few more seconds to look more carefully at the DOW chart I would have had just one wrong. Oh well, I still ended up in the top 98 percentile.
I guess that's not saying much for the "randomly sampled adults" that the scores are based on. :eek: ;) :) Give it a try. There are only 13 questions and takes only a couple of minutes to complete.

The News IQ Quiz | Pew Research Center

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
I missed the Dow Jones and the pyramid.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
You guys are sharper than I am. I missed three.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
12 correct out of 13

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
I missed 2.
The "same sex marriage states"
and the Dow chart trend.
That was fun.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Without googling for answers (just taking the quiz) I got 9 of 13. Not bad for me :) .

·
Registered
479 Posts
Missed # 12 about who the pretty blond was.:eek: Scored better than 96 pct of those who got surveyed.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I missed 3...

~D

·
Registered
722 Posts
Without looking up the answers, I scored 13 out of 13. Better than 99% and same as the top one percent. Not bad for a High School dropout between 18-29!

To be fair I guessed on the Dow Jones and the population pyramids, but I would call it an educated guess. Looking at the age dispersion, it made sense that people don't live very long in that country(No Spoilers, LOL!).

·
Registered
677 Posts
I gave it a go and to my surprise got 10 from 13, apparently that is better than 85% of the US population!

To be honest some of the answers were guesses, not being a US citizen I didn't know some of the people pictured, but other questions could be answered with a bit of deduction.

·
Registered
124 Posts
13 for 13. I did kind of guess on the pouplation pyramids and Dow Jones chart. The pyramid was kind of an easy guess, by age and the countries shown. Dow Jones I took a chance on, but knowing how the stock market has been over the last few years I figured it had to be the right one.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I missed 2. The "same sex marriage states" and the Dow chart trend. That was fun. Thanks!
Those are the exact two that I missed. I really would have had the Dow chart had I just looked at it and thought about it a bit longer. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. You're welcome.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts