Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first photo experiment following Keith Smith's how-to post pictures tutorial of the 21st of August. If it doesn't work, please somebody help! I took a picture, downloaded into My Pictures using my HP software, brought it up in Photobucket, and now here goes!

Okay, I got some words, but where is the picture?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
That wasn't so hard was it? Good job!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Now tell us about that gun. How's it shoot, does it have any history behind it? I can tell it's been used. Good luck with her.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The pistol is a U.S Colt SAA, 1st generation, issued to the Army in 1891 and re-done and re-issued from the Springfield Armory in 1902. It is, I believe, the artillery model. I bought it many years ago from a gunshop, and am now trying to find out what its value may be and decide what I want to do with it - which is probably keep it. It is mechanically sound and tight, but I don't want to fire an antique. The cylinder is not original to the type, and may not even be a Colt manufactured cylinder. I have no doubt that it would fire; just don't want to tempt fate with an old gun.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I enjoyed the picture and the history. Keep our heritage alive. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts