Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help. I am looking for a short pic rail to fit in the scope mount slots on a Ruger Scout. I am not a big fan of the forward mounted scope. I have a very nice scope that was given to me as a gift I would like to use, but it is a CQB short tube that is too short to fit the standard scope ring spacing on the Scout. I am aware of the long pic rail made by XS Sight Systems but I want to use a shorter one if it exists. I found a short pic rail that fits my Mini-14 but the scope mount slots on the Scout are not the same spacing. Thanks for any information in advance

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ruger sells offset rings depending on how close you need them. I have not seen a shorter rail

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
The Weig-a-tinny rail should work. It mounts to the factory scope mount slots on ruger M77s and I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work on the scout rifle.
They don’t make a Weigatinny pic rail for the Ruger Scout Rifle........Purchasing a M77 rail won’t mate due to the spacing of the slots cut into the receiver.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Will the rail on the 6.5 Hawkeye hunter work ?
No, per the Jack Weigand Co. they don’t make a pic rail that will fit a Ruger Scout.........But that doesn’t mean they won’t tell you something different if you call them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts