Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Is there any problem in using Weaver type rings with Picatinny bases? That is what I am using, and it seems to work just fine. Actually, I have risers on a Picatinny base, but the risers look the same to me as the base. Main reason I am asking is I just ordered a Leaupold scope, and I have never owned a expensive scope before, and I want to make dang sure it stays attached to the AR! So, do you see any problem with this set up, or should I buy rings specifically for the Picatinny base.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,477 Posts
Weaver style rings are compatible with Picatinny bases but keep in mind, there are a host of rings made by many companies. Some are excellent quality .... some are junk. If it were my gun, I would buy a set of decent rings made for the base.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,477 Posts
Those look pretty nice. I've never used the Weaver quad screw with the split ring before. I think they will hold the scope quite well.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have had them on a Model 70 winchester in 300 short mag they did the job. I trqaded that rifle lord did it ever kick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts