Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Tons of options. Or you can swap out the handguard and add an AFG that works with Magpul's MLOK (such as a Magpul handguard).

·
Registered
Hirschjäger
842 Posts
Is there a picatinny rail that will bolt on to my ruger ar556 handguard? I want to add a magpul angled grip.
Magpul offers strips of rail that will bolt on the stock handguard at the 12:00 and 6:00 positions through the vent holes.

I added a short strip on mine at 6:00 for a bipod mount for bench resting.

I've since replaced my handguard with a Magpul SL and attached the rail on it.

Check around and you'll find different lengths.

Aqualung

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my r556 a few weeks ago and want to get a scope on mine as well. Did you have to put a rail riser on yours in order to see above the front sight?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
The foregrip on the AR556 is standard M4 stuff. It is NOT special to the gun EG: a Ruger special part.

Thus you can buy generic parts to your heart's desire.

Remember the ring is threaded and not sprung loaded like other ARs. That makes it MUCH easier to remove/change the hand guard. Turn it counter clockwise (as viewed from teh butt) to turn it down toward the upper to get the guard off.

For future use, put some anti-seize on the rings threads as it tends to gaul. Normal NAPA anti-seize will work but there's some others that are less messy.

·
Registered
Hirschjäger
842 Posts
I just got my r556 a few weeks ago and want to get a scope on mine as well. Did you have to put a rail riser on yours in order to see above the front sight?
I did need the risers to take it up above the rear flip-up sight. Even that high, I can still see the front sight in my 1-3x scope. Thought it would bother me, but it doesn't. If the scope you want to put on is over 3x, then the sight fades or disappears completely.

I have been toying with the idea of taking the scope off the AR556 altogether and getting a "carry handle" rear sight. I'll use the scope mount and scope for a future build I'm considering.

Aqualung

1 - 9 of 9 Posts