Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to me Security Six 4" in .357. During her first cleaning, the front sight blade fell out, bottom is broken off, gotta find one of those, but otherwise in excellent "Nightstand Drawer Queen" condition.

Aint she a beauty?

·
Super Moderator
21,714 Posts
Barely has a turn ring. Congrats on a great find and enjoy it.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Great find, congrats.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will.

She sat in a nylon holster so long that the "pleather?" protective liner inside the top of the holster disintegrated and stuck to the top of the gun around the rear sight area. Peeled right off the gun with a fingernail though, no damage.

Test fired with a box or two of ammo, cleaned and loaded with HPs and holstered, then put away in a drawer for decades, standing by "just in case" it was ever needed. Thankfully for the orig owner, it never was.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Try contacting Jack First (jackfirstgun.com). He's probably the bet bet for having a sight. You'll have to call him to be sure. (605) 343-9544.

Best Regards,
ADP3

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
thats pretty freakin sweet!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check with Ahlman's in Minnesota for the sight blade. I've found some parts for older guns there when all the usual suspects were out.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I can only echo all of the previous comments on your revolver. I can only add, I may be in the minority, but I really like those grips that it wears!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts