Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally sold my Thule rack system today and used the money to pick up a laser sight for my SR40C. I went with the Crimson Trace Rail Master Compact CMR-201-S. I love this handy little gadget and can't wait to get to the range with it. I sighted it in with the help of a laser bore sighter. Took a closer look at my front sight post and noticed it is slightly off. I just bought the handgun about 3 weeks ago and never dropped it and there are no scratches on it like it was ever dropped before I bought it new. Emailed the tech at Ruger today and quickly got a response. Going to use a micrometer and try to center it using a small block of hardwood and a rubber mallet. If that fails then I am going to send it off to Ruger if Gunsmiths are expensive in the area. The Ruger company will have it sent back and forth on their dime which is very good of a company to do these days. I was wondering why I was having such a hard time zeroing in the back sight last weekend. I used multiple towel, a piece of hardwood (pen blank for turning pens) and a rubber mallet to move it over slightly and was still off. Was canting the gun I guess to get the right spacing between the 3 sight dots. Anyways I am very happy with the SR40C and the laser on it so far. Hope it's not defected after I shoot it at the range next weekend. I have read a lot of reviews on people having problems with laser sights after firing off a couple of rounds and having to exchange them for a new one. Hope this one is a good one. Does anybody have a suggestion on a holster that will fit this set up please. Looking for a good carry conceal holster. I am also trying to decide if I should get the Crimson Trace rail laser like the one I got or the Crimson Trace trigger guard lasers for my wifes SR9C. I have read that they are great but you have to remove them to replace the battery and the allen screws can get easily stripped from taking on and off over time. The positive thing about the trigger guard laser sight that I like is that she will not have to hit a button and only grip it to turn it on if heaven forbids she ever has to use it. I figure the less steps she has to do the better to defend herself if the situation ever arises. Maybe I should just go with ordering extra allen screws for it? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my posting.

Have a great and safe night,

Ricky V.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have that sight on my SR9c and really like it. If you register with CT, they'll send you a new battery every year. I believe their website has says it'll actually take about 10 years for the battery to wear out but it's their way of having you register and receive their advertising. I really like the laser since turning it on is intuitive and adjustment is super easy - just read the directions.

I use a remora IWB with sweatshield for concealed carry. I find it easy to position and adjust and comfortable.

Have a generic fabric holster with thumb strap for general OWB. Depending on the range, may need one for classes.

Actually, I've had the laser off for the last few months since I've been shooting the gun in USPSA so don't have a use for the laser right now. I use a Fobus paddle holster for competition.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you PiratePast40 for all the help on this one. Glad to know there is another out there who has had experience with this model sight. Was getting worried after reading some reviews on this model that it might not hold up. I will check out that style holster too. Thanks also for the tip on getting a free battery every year from them. Seems like a great company. The guy at the counter where I bought it I think didn't know what he was talking about. He said he didn't like CT and that he only liked the factory supplied laser sights. Well isn't the factory supplied laser sights CT models lol. I think I am right on this one. Any input on this please.

Tight groups,

Ricky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts