Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a Charger

Yes it had the Plastic Trigger Assy .. I think i might get a Old Style Trigger Assy for it later one ..

Now i need a Scope what is everyone using .. or maybe a red Dot

·
Registered
47 Posts
The trigger group is NOT made out of plastic, it's MIM.

I drilled and tapped my trigger to accomodate for an over-travel screw.

I also did the auto-bolt release mod and a trigger job.

As for the scope I put a Bushnell 2-6X.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hm, I thought that all new 10/22 and variants were being made with the new plastic housings, not metal inject. molding. I think that the first runs of the Charger had Al. housings, but the last three that I handled did indeed have plastic housings.

JJ

-edit-

Nick, looking at those pictures though, I think that I would have to a gree with you that that one doesn't look like it is one of the plastic ones. I think that the plastic ones also come with a plastic trigger, and that looks like the trigger that would have come in a metal trigger guard.

JJ

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
sear stuff might be Cast not mim .. but on this one the housing is plastic or polymer what ever ya want to call it.. so is the trigger on this one

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can assure you, my Charger, that I bought three months ago, has a rubbery finish that is most definitely an aluminum MIM (I don't think it's just an Al alloy but I could be wrong). What I know is that it's not plastic or at least any plastic I've seen before. If drilling plastic results in sharp, bright silver, metal shavings then by any means my Charger's housing is made out of plastic.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I can assure you, my Charger, that I bought three months ago, has a rubbery finish that is most definitely an aluminum MIM (I don't think it's just an Al alloy but I could be wrong). What I know is that it's not plastic or at least any plastic I've seen before. If drilling plastic results in sharp, bright silver, metal shavings then by any means my Charger's housing is made out of plastic.

Some of the earlier Chargers did, indeed, have metal trigger housings but now all are a polymer (plastic).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just as i can assure you this one is plastic .. Im not doubting yours is Cast.. they dont mim aluminum the early guns had a ALum trigger housing just like all the old 10/22's do the new 10/22's also have the plastic trigger group .. look around this sight youll see a good amount of people complaining about the plastic trigger group

here read what it says about trigger groups here
http://www.hornetproducts.com/ViewProduct.asp?ModelNumber=BRT

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's just too wierd that Ruger released the Charger not too long ago and in just a few months they changed the parts from al to polymer!

In any case, there are tons of polymer guns out there with as many rounds as forged steel counter parts.

I really would not be too worry about polymners parts.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only reason i am thinking of changing it is for a drop in trigger kit like from where i posted above.. i also wonder how the holes will hold up for the trigger pin and sear as it wasnt super thick on the ALum trigger group and looks thinner on the plastic..

but you are probley right .. it will hold hope but ill get the others while i can

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WEll i found a 2x leupold handgun scope and Red Dot in the safe sitting around .. any one have a scope they like? Im guessing it has to be a extended eye relief

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Put a Burris Speeddot on it tonight gonna try to shoot it in the morning

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it out and sighted it in today .. I did have 5 FTE's just didn't clear the bolt totally but i did notice they also sounded weak .. the mags were preloaed and i believe this was the same stuff i had probs with last year up north ..

I shot of the bench and it was wobblie and when i sit in the chair the bench was still to high so less than perfect for accuracy ..i think this will be a lot more fun out side and more accurate on a lot better bench ..

Also the 25 yard targets esp the one in the head the red dot was bigger than the head at 25yards

I shot 100 rounds today and forgot the extra ammo .. so 100 is all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts