Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ran over to my LGS this morning and picked up my new Distributor Exclusive American Predator Rimfire in 22 mag (model 8335). From my understanding there were 500 of these made in 22 mag and 500 in 22lr. Pretty neat little rifle. It has an 18" threaded heavy barrel, large bolt knob, scope rail (no open sights), and the OD green stock with cheek riser.

I had a spare Bushnell Trophy XLT 1.75-4x32 and a set of Burris low zee rings laying around, so thats what I scoped it with. Nearly ran out of room on the rail adjusting the eye relief, but it worked out. It should make a nice set-up for hunting critters here at the farm (providing I can find ammo to feed it)....:mad:

It started raining as I was snapping these pics, so I'll have to sight it in and give a report at a later date.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
These exclusives are cool. I'm glad you grabbed one.
Yep, I like "Different" :) i think I'll get some black Krylon webbing spray when I get a chance and give the stock a little character as well.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ammo is close Graf and sons limited to 50 boxes per order.
Thanks, but they have nothing in stock Graf & Sons - 22 WMR

There is some available at other places online, I just hate paying shipping. May have to break into my stash...

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Nice lookin' rig there Trigg! You're right about the 22WMR though - pretty scare around here. I can buy all the 22LR I want locally at 7 cents/round but 22WMR is not to be had. That looks like a good shooter - congratulations!

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Nice, but as you said........................where you gonna find ammo?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Most of our local stores have 22lr in stock again, hopefully the magnums wont be to far behind (fingers crossed)....I do have a few hundred rounds put back, just hate to get into them Unless I have to.

·
Registered
880 Posts
You have to be excited to shoot that thing. Go burn up your stash and have some fun. I'm sure ammo will show up before the next millinieum. Nice rifle.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I took advantage of some great weather this morning and headed over to the range. I brought along the 22 mag and my '66 Glenny .35 rem trapper. Beautiful morning, other than a pretty strong crosswind blowing right to left, which affected the groups a bit.

I shot the Ruger at 25, 50, and 100 yards and the .35 rem at 50 and 100.

The trajectory of the 22 mag and the .35 rem are nearly identical. Zero at 25, 1-2" high at 50, and back near zero at 100.

The Ruger did pretty good considering it's only wearing a $100 4x scope. The Glenfield has a new Burris 1x red dot on top, and did pretty good as well.

I was using my range box as a rest, so nothing very technical at all. I think the Ruger will make a great shooter with a higher power scope and proper rest.

All in all a great day at the range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts