Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have my CCW license yet but I bought the first gun today I would ever consider for CCW use. I apologize that the pictures are of such low quality. I was forced to use my camera phone since my GF has both of our Canon's in Chicago this weekend for a horse show.

Walther PPK/S-1, .380acp, stainless steel:

I also got this Don Hume holster for it:

I sold my Springfield XD40 this morning and picked up the PPK this afternoon. It only holds 7+1 rounds but it's very thin and small enough to fit in a pocket. I've loved these guns since my dad showed me my first James Bond movie as a child. I've wanted one ever since. It's the only other gun I own that feels as solid and well built as my Ruger. I'm taking it to the range this Saturday and I can't wait.

·
Registered
758 Posts
If you like yours as well as I like mine, you will be more than pleased!

Machine work is near perfection and bluing on the PPK/S looks like it is thick enough to go all the way to the other side.

It has more accuracy than I can coax out of it an slips in and out of the pocket slicker than snot on glass.

I also think the .380 Kurz is an underrated round.

I would also say your photography is excellent in spite of the phone-camera!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quote:Originally posted by bunzo351

If you like yours as well as I like mine, you will be more than pleased!

Machine work is near perfection and bluing on the PPK/S looks like it is thick enough to go all the way to the other side.

It has more accuracy than I can coax out of it an slips in and out of the pocket slicker than snot on glass.

I also think the .380 Kurz is an underrated round.

I would also say your photography is excellent in spite of the phone-camera!
Lol, thanks for the compliment; although it's a compliment to my photoshop skills more than my camera skills. :D

I'm really tempted to take an early outing to the range tomorrow after I get out of class instead of waitin until Saturday. I've just been holding this gun all day long now. I really want to shoot it at something! [:p]

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
A classic weapon of classic design.---looking forward to a shooting report.
My 1st "bond" weapon was a charter arms AR-7 as in "from russia with love"-----actually couldn't trade it off fast enough![V]:(:([xx(]

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
yep owned a ar7 myself , as yu say couldnt get rid of it quick enough , i myself been usein a taurus PT 25 for my hot weather carry , been workin great, iam not sure i would have traded a xd for the walther??? i like my 4 xd's i got 1- xd9 sub one xd9 tactiacl , one 45acp service and a 45acp tactical , i do carry both the 45 service an the subcompact in cold weather, good luck on takin your classes

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
nothing wrong with those pictures nice pistol. I am sure it will do all ya want and more.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quote:Originally posted by shaner

yep owned a ar7 myself , as yu say couldnt get rid of it quick enough , i myself been usein a taurus PT 25 for my hot weather carry , been workin great, iam not sure i would have traded a xd for the walther??? i like my 4 xd's i got 1- xd9 sub one xd9 tactiacl , one 45acp service and a 45acp tactical , i do carry both the 45 service an the subcompact in cold weather, good luck on takin your classes
I liked the XD a lot but I wasn't real wild about the .40 caliber. I'll own another XD someday, just not right now. :)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i dont blame ya on the 40 , as yu can see i dont like it either, had one way back and got rid of it, it just fall inbetween 9mm an 45 acp , and to me for no reason?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I couldn't consistently keep the shots on the paper at 15 yards, let alone shoot a decent group on the 40 caliber. It wasn't due to any malfunction of the XD40, that gun never had a single problem the entire time I owned it. My problem was that the muzzle flip was tremendous on the .40 caliber. It was just too hard to control.

The .380 on the other hand shot a 2" group at 15 yards today. A well placed "weaker" shot is better than a poorly placed (or even missed) shot with a more powerful gun. A lot of people wouldn't have traded the .40 for a .380 but it was the right decision for me personally.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice gun.
I really like that Don Hume holster.
What model number is the holster?
It looks like a good CCW holster that will ride the gun high and tight.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Hi David, I also like the holster. Looks good and comfy. The black shows off the stainless well also. Glad you like the PPK. It is a fun little gun to shoot.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
I been considering a ppk/s for the car and use it on hot summer days as a pocket ccw. Please keep us informed as on how it shoots and rides in the pocket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.