Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Security Six, GP100
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went back to my LGS to look at the GP100 and there sitting next to it in the case was a near mint Security Six. I looked them both over for awhile then decided I couldn’t pass up the Security Six. I say near mint because it does have some very faint turn lines on the cylinder. It looks like a new gun. The target stocks are in perfect condition. This had to be a safe queen. It had the sights like i was wanting if you saw my other post. White outline rear with orange ramp front sight. The GP100 also had white outline rear sights. Here’s a pic

Air gun Wood Trigger Revolver Grey

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Very nice. Such a great looking handgun.

Reactions: SCCWP

·
Registered
Security Six, GP100
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't forget a spring kit, and your gem will be complete!
I plan on keeping it stock as the trigger feels really good to me. It’s almost a shame to shoot such a nice specimen but I don’t collect things that I can’t use. I may stick to .38 special rounds for most of my shooting though I did pick up a box of .357 when I got the gun.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I plan on keeping it stock as the trigger feels really good to me. It’s almost a shame to shoot such a nice specimen but I don’t collect things that I can’t use. I may stick to .38 special rounds for most of my shooting though I did pick up a box of .357 when I got the gun.
A turn ring on the cylinder will do more damage to the gun's value than some boxes of 357 magnum will.

·
Registered
Security Six, GP100
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
A turn ring on the cylinder will do more damage to the gun's value than some boxes of 357 magnum will.
I think this one’s a keeper so I’m not to much worried about resale value. I will definitely be shooting some .357 round through her but mostly .38s for practice.

·
Exchequer
5,236 Posts
Su-weet! You scored a fine, fine revolver.

Really like the whole Six series from Ruger.

Reactions: SCCWP
1 - 20 of 43 Posts