Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new Nickle plated Bersa Thunder 22 last Saturday morning, and the LGS called and said its in. I will get a chance tomorrow to go pick it up. I only have Ruger 22 pistols(Marks, 22/45s and SR22P) so this will be my first 22 pistol from a different manufacturer. I also ordered a Taurus PLY-22 Stainless, but they only said the Bersa was in. It would be nice if the Taurus was there tomorrow also. The Bersa gets great reviews, and should be a good plinker, and should be very similar in performance to the SR22P. The Taurus, well... we will see how things go, and where it fits into my 22 pistol collection. I really bought it just to see what a tip-up barrel pistol is like. It gets pretty good reviews online, although most comment it is ammo sensitive. Im not really too concerned with that, as its just going to be a toy. I have more desire for the Bersa to be a good, reliable addition to my 22 pistols, and to give the SR22P a run for the money.

BERSA THUNDER 22

TAURUS PLY-22 STAINLESS

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bersa Thunder

I bought a Bersa about six years ago when they were relatively new on the market. I think I paid about $200. for it. I bought it in 380 caliber and it is a sweetheart of a pistol. Easy to shoot, accurate and a joy to hold. I bought a couple of the 10 round magazines and that gives you that extra finger room to really grip the gun. I think I want the 9mm in the Bersa next, both calibers are large for conceal carry, but with the right holster they work. I bought a Springfield xd 40 caliber and it is larger than the Bersa and I use it for conceal carry, and that sucker is heavy! But I love my Bersa and hope you find yours the same.

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
Look forward to a range report.

I've come all around buying the Bersa .22 several times and never found one when I was looking around for them. For a while they were calling the .22s Firestorms.

Several friends have Bersa's in varying calibers and love them.

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked it up today, and first general impressions are that it is very well made. The finish is perfect, and the machining is excellent. The swirled rib on top that cuts glare from the sight picture is very well done. The safety/decocker is stiff, but with Double Action, I probably wont use the safety much. The trigger is smooth and decent in Double Action, with a fair amount of creep in Single Action. The barrel is thick and should absorb heat nicely, that will help when shooting briskly. Im going to try to get to the range tomorrow, so I will post some pictures, and a range report.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Congrats. I've been eyeballing these. I've shot the .380 and realy enjoyed it and owned a 9mm and loved it. I hope you enjoy it. Folks say they prefer the high velocity .22's and can have some trouble with bulk, just for info. No personal experience here though.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems they run great with MiniMags, so I went and got a brick, and will give the Thunder 22 a good workout. Ive read they apparently run well on Remington Goldens too, so I got a "New, Improved" brick of those also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts