Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I figured I'd create a thread where someone can see everyone's build and share ideas.
So here goes. Post up pictures of your custom build, and post details that will help new'b's like myself. i.e. Links to where you purchased the custom parts would also be a bonus.
Thanks guy!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Bought new last month, and it looked like:

Now it looks like:

Looks pretty stock, until you see:

I'm not one to build an "ultimate" 10/22. I like the wood stock. I like the barrel band. I love the way a 10/22 carbine looks. I just want to ameliorate the stock deficiencies.

• Power Custom Hammer & Sear
  • Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor
  • PWS T3 10/22 Magazine Release Lever
  • Urethane Bolt Buffer
Most of that stuff I got off Brownell's or E-Bay.

The bolt has been worked:

• Adjusted head space to .043 +/-.0005 and adjusted the firing pin to protrude .030 +/- .003
  • Enlarged the radius where the hammer contacts during cycling and polished that area to a high shine.
  • Cross pinned the firing pin with a 3/32 hardened dowel pin, and added a chamfer to the top of the charging handle slot,which makes finding the slot during reassembly much easier.
  • Polished the ejector plunger.
  • Jeweled the ejection port side.
The work was done by Pete Lexy (click for site).

I added a BSA 3-9X32 scope that came with rings. It's not expensive. It's decent for what I need, and my current skill level.

10/22 @ 76ft, CCI Mini-Mag HP, sandbag rest, scope, no mods, 20 rounds:

Same distance & ammo, scope, + mods, 10 rounds:

My 10/22's potential now exceeds my current skill level. Before I do anything else to it, I have to improve my shooting skills.

Now if you really want to see some really crazy $$$ builds, head over to rimfirecentral.com . There are some really awesome builds there. Some 10/22 builds found there don't have any Ruger factory parts. Entire 10/22's built from aftermarket parts. Cool stuff.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Have too many with decent pics. Have to change that I guess. Will be back in a couple days to fill some bandwidth. ;)

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
Noob rule #1 when requesting pics in a topic...always post pics of your own stuff first:rolleyes:

Here's one I built a few weeks ago...
Rule #2 ... If you're going to pick on the noobie for not posting his own pictures, always be sure to post your own picture link correctly :eek: (I fixed it for you ;))

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Nice idea for a thread. I have a few ideas and parts floating around my head/house respectively. I'll post pics of what I'm going to do when I do it!

·
Registered
48 Posts

(rear) FA Ent Stock (Reworked)
KIDD Reciever, Bolt, Pins and Buffer
TI Trigger Group
Volq Ejector
Hi Desertdog 16.5" threaded helical fluted barrel
UTG SWAT profile bipod
Uncle Mikes Quick Disconnect Sling Swivels
Alangator Trimag
Limbsaver Resonance Reducer
Nikon 3-9x40mm Prostaff Scope

(Front)
Stock Ruger 10-22 with
Boyds Nutmeg Blaster Stock
KIDD Buffer
UTG SWAT profile Bipod
Uncle Mikes quick disconnect Sling Swivels
AR-7.com 20" match grade barrel with compensator

·
Registered
374 Posts
This is my SR 22, looks pritty stock but shoots like a dream! :cool: The build has,
  1. Kidd two stage trigger
  2. Kidd bolt
  3. Kidd cocking handle and guide rod with spring kit
  4. Kidd match barrel
  5. Kidd bolt buffer

·
Registered
172 Posts
my "build"

this old (Made in 1971) 10/22 has 'been around' in several states of apparel but here is the one i like best on it. the original stock split and broke so i had to replace it and here's the configuration that the most comfortable for my taste.

i drilled and tapped in 1/4"x20, stainless steel, button head set screws into the receiver to anchor it solidly in the stock and used a cheek piece i made from a plastic planter i shaped via heat gun to fit the stock so eye-to-red dot would have proper alignment and I've since switched to the trimag magazine ammo feed system

·
Registered
30 Posts
Charger Build

Kidd Barrel
Kidd Bolt
Kidd Charging handle
Kidd 2 Stage Trigger
Hipshot Stock

Only original parts are the reciever and magazine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's pretty sick man. Daddy like!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Nice thread, keep them coming.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Before: (I experimented with painting the synthetic stock)

After: (Swapped the stock out and did some custom paint and internal mods)

·
Registered
30 Posts

Kidd Barrel
Kidd Bolt
Kidd Charging handle
Kidd 2 Stage Trigger
Hipshot Stock

Only original parts are the reciever and magazine.
I had a chance to shoot with the new stock tonight. I shot a round of practice to check sight settings because the grip is so much different. Knocked down 33 and hit 2 that didn't fall (one solid one just grazed it). Adjusted my sights accordingly and shot a round for score. I had a 39 out of 40 with a called miss. I pulled the trigger before I was completely settled in. I am more than happy with the stock, it feels so much better.

1 - 20 of 367 Posts