Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just bought a blued ruger vaquero in .45lc I'll try to get some pics up. Great shooting pistols. I just sold a single six just like that one.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've been considering getting a SP101 like you guys show in your pics. One thing that holds me back is the muzzle blast and recoil from such a small gun.

Are these things relatively easy to control or does it take quite a bit of practice?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well...my intention would be to buy a .357 and load them down to something that is tolerable to me. I was just curious to find out from some of you that all ready own one if the full power loads are realistic to shoot from such a short barreled gun.

It would make no sense to me to pay about the same price for a .38 spec revolver and then be limited to the power of that cartridge when you can have a .357 for roughly the same price. You'd then have to option to go to full power loads or load them down to suit.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Ledberel your thinking just right. Why buy a .38 when the .357 can do it all. I have shot this caliber all my life. You can come up with a whole bunch of different combinations for the .357. You don't have to shoot full house loads all the time, I don't. I run what I call .38+p's through it at the range. The last 10 are what I carry, which are standard .357's. They do a good enough job on a BG. The main thing with these snub nose guns is practice. I don't care what you use for a bullet.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I just added a S&W 19-4 revolver to my group. I got it at the gun show. It's got holster wear and a few scrapes. It's a shooter. At the range the other day, and the trigger is as smooth as my Python. Two great shooting guns. Plus I just got a S&W M/21-4 too. Man I am in hog heaven.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts