Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys in days past I have seen at the gun counter the Pietta line of Colt SAA clone revolvers in centerfire .357/.38 special .45LC etc They look very nice my question have any of you Forum Members tried one of these revolvers out in their centerfire configuration's?? I can attest I have the rim fire version in a 10 shot .22/.22Mag and like it very much. I get temped to pick one of these centerfire versions up to go with my Ruger Vaquero Bisley. Thoughts or comments welcomed!!!:D;)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I have the Uberti (made by Pietta I believe) 7.5" barrel in cal. .45 colt.

Traded a single shot .223 rifle for it and it was my first six shooter

Very happy with it!

Here's a stock pic... I don't have my actual pics handy on this device... But mine is just like this

I had to replace a firing pin (it's affixed to the hammer) but love the look, feel, weight distribution, trigger and overall accuracy and "fun level" of this 1873 cattlemen n

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hi guys in days past I have seen at the gun counter the Pietta line of Colt SAA clone revolvers in centerfire .357/.38 special .45LC etc They look very nice my question have any of you Forum Members tried one of these revolvers out in their centerfire configuration's?? I can attest I have the rim fire version in a 10 shot .22/.22Mag and like it very much. I get temped to pick one of these centerfire versions up to go with my Ruger Vaquero Bisley. Thoughts or comments welcomed!!!:D;)
The Pietta SAA that I saw at the area Cabela's was an economy grade gun. The salesman removed the cylinder and let me check the bore, and for me it was unacceptable.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Have 2 Cimarron/Piettas
They are the Black Powder frames ( Pre 1896)

Very happy with the workmanship

Comparing with the real colts they are very accurate clones

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
The Pietta's I handled a few years back weren't as nice as my Uberti's. Back then, Cimarron marked guns were made for them by Uberti.
Last weekend I bought a new Cimarron, made for them by Pietta. It has a super smooth action and light trigger pull. It feels like a 3rd generation Colt that I had Bob James ( of Phoenix) do his superb action job on.
There is absolutely no play or wobble at the end of the cylinder, most every gun I've owned has had some play there.
So the Pietta's have got real nice lately. Only thing I don't like is the cylinder pin doesn't have a notch all the way around it for the latch, you have to make sure that the notch is pointing straight down for the latch to secure it, or it will creep out when you shoot.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I have a few C n' B Piettas and they're reliable and very authentic too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts