1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm with you, I love Pink Floyd's music. This coming from a 23 year old, my generation doesn't realize what real music is. The cool thing is Pink Floyd has an amazing sound and actually has some form of Blues in it as well. Just the way everything is played I agree they were ahead of their time. I personally like Shine on your crazy diamond (the whole thing).

·
Registered
160 Posts
One of my favorite Pink Floyd songs "several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a Pict"...gotta love it..:D

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
There's a group called "Australian Pink Floyd" ... they are AWESOME.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
531 Posts
comfortably numb, favorite. Started listening to them back in the 70's. Umma Gumma, Atom Heart Mother, Relics, Nice Pair, Obscured By Clouds, the list goes on and on. Man we laughed alot louder then, when I was young. Uh oh, is there a song there somewhere?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Breathe

Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care
Leave but don't leave me
Look around, choose your own ground
For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all your touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be

Run rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave

Awesome ;)

·
Sr. Exec. Button Monkey
625 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Love Pink Floyd!
Any other fans of the "Animals" album? That one is my personal favorite.
Animals is my all time favorite as well. I have every PF album, bootlegs and imports as well. I have the first 2 albums in the original MONO pressings, British Imports. I have the 2 Syd Barrett solo albums also. Thats some strange stuff. I saw Animals in Cleveland in 1977, and Momentary Lapse of Reason, and The Division Bell, in Cleveland also. Had 3rd row floor seats for MLoR... Wont forget that anytime soon.

Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream... Gives me goosebumps...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts