Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the pistol availability from the distributers like Palmetto? I have heard slim pickings and Ruger is running full out trying to catch up.

Sounds reasonable given the state of social unrest, but any truth to that rumor?

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,530 Posts
In my area. Central Ohio we have had a run on pistols/revolvers/rifles/shotguns because of the unrest. A call to any distributor is advised to be updated. Pistols at some larger LGS's have some not as much as normal. Smaller LGS's are bare pickings. The used ones are selling for high prices and most are of our local retailers are down or out.
*Our LGS also stated some dealers are 1 to 2 days behind what they show online.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was in Academy the other day and they had the pistols completely shut down and the cases were empty. I asked a clerk and he said as soon as they get some in, they are sold. Pistol ammo was all gone.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,287 Posts
Just went to basspro earlier today. Only revolvers remain, mostly single action.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
In my area. Central Ohio we have had a run on pistols/revolvers/rifles/shotguns because of the unrest. A call to any distributor is advised to be updated. Pistols at some larger LGS's have some not as much as normal. Smaller LGS's are bare pickings. The used ones are selling for high prices and most are of our local retailers are down or out.
*Our LGS also stated some dealers are 1 to 2 days behind what they show online.
Very similar in my area of north east PA.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Checked in with the local gun provider yesterday. The top shelf has 4 or 5 semi autos and lower shelf is empty. He usually brings the guns out of pawn on Tuesday, but all the owners came in and paid the pawn and past dues to get their gun out of the shop. He ask if I had any semi's, then rephrased his question to see if I had any firearm in his price range. I know he wants to make a living, but my Browning collection if for my protection. My collection is fired regularly, has extra mags and reloading keeps at least 200 rounds on the shelf. I have one unfired safe queen, an original run BHP in 40 S&W which is the backup for my primary carry. Just in case the main gun fails.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The big local sporting goods store I got my recent Sec 9 from is as empty now as I've ever seen them. As in only 35 to 40% of what they normally carry. No Sec 9's that I've seen since I got mine. Cabela's seemed decently stocked, as did a small LGS I visit once in a while. Online I see plenty of things being promoted but that's in general - availability of a lot of specific models seems up in the air. Between the Covid-19 panic buying and now the civil unrest issues, it's a double whammy.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I stopped by my LGS this morning (central NC/VA border area) and he was fully stocked and told me he had his best 2 days ever within the last 4 weeks... even topping all of the Obama era gun shopping frenzies... that is impressive. He looked exhausted... must have been from unpackaging all the boxes he gets when he closes. His discarded cardboard outside looked like like the side of a walmart. lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
When you have uncontrolled riots, groups taking over parts of cities, and the local police and governments not doing a damn thing to stop it (or call it a block party) people get scared. When you can’t count on those who are supposed to protect you are not being allowed to do so, you options are to protect yourself. I go to Palmetto State Armory here in Columbia a lot lately and there is always a long line for people buying a gun(s) and what ammo is available. Scary times.

·
Registered
249 Posts
We have two very large national retailers nearby. Buds and Kentucky Gun company. Mid and low quality ARs are hard to find. Pistols (semi-auto) are available, but some "best selling" models are out of stock. All ammo in common pistol calibers is either gone or they are selling the higher quality defensive flavors at marked up prices.

I am well stocked on everything; however, I am buying 22LR weekly again since I can find it in bricks at reasonable prices.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We have two very large national retailers nearby. Buds and Kentucky Gun company. Mid and low quality ARs are hard to find. Pistols (semi-auto) are available, but some "best selling" models are out of stock. All ammo in common pistol calibers is either gone or they are selling the higher quality defensive flavors at marked up prices.

I am well stocked on everything; however, I am buying 22LR weekly again since I can find it in bricks at reasonable prices.
Another gun I wish now I hadn’t sold, my GP100.
Traded for a SP101 5 in 357 which will do fine but the heft of the 100 would have been nice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I’ve been looking for a PC Carbine the last few months since Covid 19 started and not only has the price gone up almost $200, they go very quickly on GB. Was in Academy last week and their pistol display was pretty much empty except for a couple of 22’s and a few over/under shotguns on the rack.

I’ll just have to wait it out and hope prices come down before Christmas!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts